Lead UX Designer - Remote based
Blissful Life Foundation (BLF) is an incubator for new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation (TM) organization. Over the past 60 years, the Transcendental Meditation technique has been learned by more than 10 million people worldwide via personal instruction from tens of thousands of certified teachers. TM comes from the ancient Vedic tradition, which is also the source of Yoga and Ayurveda. The effectiveness of TM is validated by hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies and is increasingly being utilized by individuals, companies, NGO’s and governments to address the epidemic of stress and trauma faced by the world today (see, for example, David Lynch Foundation). BLF is a growing team of about 30 people distributed across American and European timezones, leveraging modern technology and management best practices to make TM more available to people everywhere.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Lead UX Designer to join our team to be responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking learning experiences across our new mobile app and other projects. You will be working closely with our product team and alongside a world class design agency, to launch and maintain a meditation and lifestyle application. As the Lead UX Designer you will take part in and oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with members of cross functional teams to define, conceptualize, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into a usable, useful and delightful product. This role is remotely based and reports to the team lead in the Czech Republic.
You are a customer focused, detail oriented, creative leader who tackles complex problems with systems thinking, deep brand awareness, and technological savvy. You have experience leading digital initiatives and the ideation, design & development of web and mobile products and services. You can identify problems, propose solutions, recommend and design implementations and help developers and other stakeholders to improve the user experience. You can produce interactive prototypes and test them with users in a rigorous, data-driven way. You can demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design principles. You have a broad experience and a deep understanding of people’s behaviour to recommend UX/UI features that solve customer needs.
- Take the lead in defining, conceptualizing, wireframing, prototyping and refining the design of our digital products.
- Help to define and drive the UX strategy and roadmap for creating a dynamic learning and community platform.
- Use business requirements, customer and other research findings to create user-centered designs, scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Contribute to the internal design system by developing and maintaining user interface specifications and other UI patterns.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create useful, usable, and desirable user experiences and interfaces.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of experience as a UX/UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, digital agency or media company.
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Deep experience and fluency in best practices for web, tablet and mobile design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in meditation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely.
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and we encourage you to apply! Please send your resume and portfolio with latest works to Rico Engelbarts