Senior Java Developer
Join us as a Senior Java Developer to become a key member of the team that focuses on improving and growing our innovative range of products. The senior Developer will help bolster our CloudManager team and help improve and grow the product. CloudManager is a Google App Engine application written in Java, so we are ideally looking for candidates that have experience with Java servlet based applications.
To fit this position you should be a quick learner with the ability to adapt to many different technology areas, from G Suite APIs, to identifying and investigating task problems within App Engine, to strategies for scaling applications reliably.
The CloudManager Development team is highly skilled and shares a desire to deliver a market leading and innovative software solution. At CTS, you are provided with the tools you need to carry out your role effectively, whilst being afforded the flexibility to balance your work life with your personal interests and commitments.
The successful applicant will have the flexibility to work remotely full time.
- Writing, and finishing, great code with excellent attention to detail
- A focus on getting the job done right, first time
- Contribute to the development of high quality products on time and within budget
- Working collaboratively with a team of highly skilled developers
- Several years commercial experience in software development with Java, with ability to adapt to other languages
- Experience with developing secure, scalable applications
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
- Ability to write secure and testable code
- Experience with the Google App Engine stack or significant experience with other servlet based applications such as Tomcat
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, G Suite, Google App Engine, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon, etc.
- Knowledge of a range of Google products including G Suite and its APIs, Google App Engine and the range of Google Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Knowledge of a range of Microsoft Products and APIs including Microsoft Graph, Exchange Web Services (EWS), MAPI, Office 365, Sharepoint and Azure APIs
- BSc/MSc Computer Science (or equivalent)