We are building a brand-new Development Team. You will be working as an integral part of this team and will play a core role on infrastructure automation. You will need to help design the cloud native platform with Microsoft Azure, then ensure it is built to specification and rigorously maintained. Security, scalability and resiliency of the platform are of paramount importance.
You will also be required to establish continuous integration and continuous deployment processes using our source code repositories in GitHub, and work with the Software Development Manager to ensure projects are delivered and released to the platform in a timely manner.
You will be required to use Terraform for Infrastructure as Code, alongside Docker for containerization.
What You’ll Need
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- Several years proven commercial experience in a DevOps role using the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- Extensively worked with configuration systems & automated deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies and approach e.g. TeamCity and Azure DevOps Services.
- Use of Git Source Control and integration, in particular using GitHub.
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Full understanding and use of Containerization Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Prior use of cloud-based container registries, such as Azure Container Registry or AWS Elastic Container Registry (ECR).
- Excellent scripting skillset using Terraform and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- Thorough understanding of Azure Virtual Networks, Subnets, CIDR Blocks, Azure Express Route and other Azure networking fundamentals.
In Return You’ll Receive
- A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Private healthcare insurance
- 23 days holiday + national holidays + extra day off on your birthday!