Quality Assurance Engineer
Spire Systems is seeking a full-time quality assurance engineer to assist in keeping our accounting software stable. This role works closely with our client support representatives and developers and is required to provide third-tier and emergency client support when necessary. To cover our Eastern Canada/US clients, we need a morning person who can start at 8AM Eastern (5AM Pacific).
Remote work is an option for an individual who is self-motivated, disciplined, and can provide a quiet and distraction-free home office.
- Research software issues and document them
- Create and run Ranorex and Selenium test cases
- Analyze SQL database problems (PostgreSQL)
- Support third-party developers using the Spire REST API
- Provide third-tier troubleshooting and remote support as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent English language ability (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working professionally in a quality assurance role
- Experience with Selenium or other test automation framework
- Previous experience using REST APIs
- General experience with business and/or accounting software and processes
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting software on Windows
- Positive, professional attitude
- Attention to detail
Spire Core Values
- Sustainable – We create software for growing businesses that keeps pace with the fast-changing technology industry, preserving investments and maintaining profitable relationships.
- Progressive – We are forward thinking and dynamic. We embrace change and use it as a catalyst for innovation.
- Integrity – We demonstrate accountability by delivering what we promise. We will earn and maintain trust.
- Respect – We value diversity and promote inclusiveness. We treat others as we expect to be treated.
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standards and strive to meet and exceed expectations.