Senior Software Engineer
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
WebSummit Engineering consists of several cross functional teams, working on tools and systems that help our attendees maximise their conference experience.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to influence and motivate our high-performing applications team, responsible for development of core products, key to the attendee experience.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll influence the architecture and development direction of the applications/product teams to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- You’ll work across the software stack to deliver quality, maintainable and scalable code in order to power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll share knowledge with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, technical talks, or consulting on projects.
- You’ll break down complex projects into smaller problems and work with others to ensure that great products get delivered as a result.
- You'll get insight into senior internal stakeholders, and have an active input into how WebSummit grows globally from a Technology angle.
Who you are:
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You drive change actively as you believe everything can be constantly improved.
- You’re knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of products and recent developments; making smart choices about technologies to be adopted.
- You are keen to mentor and grow in the team, achieving lasting and significant goals.
- You like to be constantly challenged, working on a variety of different projects and products, and interacting with sales, operations and production teams.
- You love to see our customers using your software in real time at our conferences and to be proud of your work.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Ability to understand large, complex Distributed Systems with many moving, interrelated parts.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in an OOP language. We use a services architecture, with existing RESTful Apis in Ruby, but open to JVM, Kotlin, Python to name a few.
- Linux and Postgres experience ideal.
- Strong SDLC principles, TDD and CI/CD understanding.
- Good understanding of AWS.
- DevOps experience is a big plus
- Comfortable working in Scrum/Kanban environment, with Git Pull/code reviews.