Telephonic Case Manager RN- $5,000 Sign On Bonus- Telecommute in NJ
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
$5000 Sign On Bonus
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We’re making a solid connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephone Case Manager RN, you’ll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today
If you are located within the state of New Jersey area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver effective telephonic case management in a manner that promotes behavior change for the NJ
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Interact with Medical Directors on challenging cases including presenting at rounds
- Coordinate care for members
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Coordinate services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and track findings
- Make “welcome home” calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in New Jersey
- 2+ years of RN experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience and/or experience as a Case Manager
- 1+ years of paid professional experience working directly with the elderly or physically disabled in an institutional or community setting
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Ability to navigate a Windows environment, utilize Outlook, and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to talk and type proficiently at the same time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree or greater
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience working with populations with special needs
- Experience/exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Experience with government health programs (Medicaid / Medicare)
- Case Management experience
- Background in managed care
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Solid organizational skills and multitasking abilities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.