Telephonic Care Navigators
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
If you are located within Washington, DC, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Telephonic Care Navigators have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to:
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work weekends (overtime offered on Saturdays).
We offer 2-3 weeks of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP members utilizing autodialer and manual dialing
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with scheduling provider appointments
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to community resources
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Identifies gaps in care and assists in closure of gaps
- Outreaches members on caseload consistent with program guidelines
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Call Center and / OR Telephonic Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of Professional experience in an Office setting, using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- 1+ years of Healthcare / Insurance experience and / OR Social Work / Community Outreach / Advocacy experience
- 1+ years of experience with analyzing and solving customer problems
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (create, edit, and save documents), Microsoft Excel (sort and filter data in spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (manage emails, folders, attachments, and calendars)
- Ability to work between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work weekends (overtime offered on Saturdays) based on business need
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Work, Public Health, OR related field
- Fluency in any other language (Spanish)
- Medicaid and / OR Medicare experience
- Experience working with Medical terminology
- Reside within Washington, DC
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.