This job is not active anymore.
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and certified Great Place to Work employer and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California has a long-term vision to create a healthcare system worthy of our family and friends and sustainably affordable. Underpinning Blue Shield of California's vision are the following strategic pillars: create a personal, high-quality experience; serve more people; be financially responsible; be a great place to do meaningful work; stand for what's right.
At the heart of this vision and the means to achieve our strategic goals is our talent, the people who work across the system to drive meaningful change and transform a broken system. The new Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be a critical component of our talent strategy to achieve this ambitious goal of transforming healthcare. The Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will have a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion, solid experience working on a variety of diversity, equity initiatives, global mindset, understanding of industry D&I best practices, excellent client partnership capability, executive communication skills, analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally and drive strategy in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is strategic and inventive, as well as outstanding at tactical implementation and operational excellence.
Specifically, the Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is accountable for
- Leveraging expertise and relationships to build, enhance and execute Blue Shield of California's diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy
- Partnering closely with stakeholders across HR and the business to develop and execute on diversity, equity, and inclusion programming
- Providing coaching, education and consultation to HR and business leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity, equity, and inclusion outcomes
- Supporting and enabling our Employee Resource Groups by providing coordinated tools, resources, guidance and thought leadership to increase pan-diversity efforts and impact
- Partnering with the Talent Analytics team to develop, maintain and monitor diversity, equity metrics, dashboards and reports that enable data-driven decision making
- Incorporating practices and processes that embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of the employee life cycle (recruitment, selection, performance management, development, mobility, retention and engagement)
- Partnering with our Internal Communications team to socialize the diversity, equity narrative and communications
Candidate Profile and Requirements
- Passionate about all things Diversity, equity & Inclusion and committed to fostering positive and inclusive work environments
- Broad knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion processes, procedures, best practices, resources and networks; recognized by others as a subject matter expert and sought out by others internally and externally as source of professional advice and guidance
- Understands and capable of responding to the subtle and complex diversity, equity and inclusion challenges that relate to diversity, equity in all its forms
- Successful track record of working well under pressure and adapting to changing priorities and can work successfully in a fast paced, rapidly transforming and results oriented environment
- A high energy, results-oriented, learning agile and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly grasping his/her responsibilities
- Excellent strategic planning skills, solutions-focus, creative problem-solving capability, project management skills and drives for results
- Strong team player with an ability to balance personal needs with those of his / her team and the company overall
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills to build support and sponsorship of initiatives and collaboration among stakeholders
Key Job Competencies
- Applies critical thinking and develops creative solutions
- Get sustainable results the right way
- Builds trust and influences others
- Builds talent and teams for the future
- Continuously learns
- 5-7 years of business experience in roles related to driving and enabling Diversity, equity and Inclusion
- 4 years of experience managing a team of direct reports. Experience managing indirect reports (matrix or informal) preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree in related field (e.g., Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Diversity, equity & Inclusion) preferred
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements: Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 20002NK
- Posting Date: Jan 21, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time