Building Inspector - Phoenix, AZ
Building Inspector - Phoenix, AZ
Our team is filled with innovators, over achievers, and difference makers—hard working professionals who care about their work, their communities, and the lives of people around them. The positive, charismatic nature of the people behind SAFEbuilt fuels our commitment to keeping our communities strong and safely built. Join us and discover unbounded opportunities for a meaningful and rewarding career.
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Building Inspector to join our team of professionals. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of work assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected team of professionals with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
- Perform field inspections during various stages of construction
- Read and examine plans and specifications when required
- Report violations and maintain files/records
- Perform other related duties as required
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology
- Interpretation of codes in the field and ability to provide code compliant solutions
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
- ICC Residential and Commercial Building Inspector Certification required
- ICC Residential Inspector Certifications in multiple trades preferred
- 3-5 Years of experience in municipal code inspections
- High School or Equivalent
- Good Driving Record
COMPENSATION: SAFEbuilt pays competitive wages and has a strong benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: The fastest growing provider of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more. This position is eligible for an annual performance based bonus.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.