Permit Technician - Waconia, MN
MNSPECT Permit Technician - Waconia, MN
Our team is filled with innovators, over achievers, and difference makers—hard working professionals who care about their work, their communities, and the lives of people around them. The positive, charismatic nature of the people behind SAFEbuilt fuels our commitment to keeping our communities strong and safely built. Join us and discover unbounded opportunities for a meaningful and rewarding career.
SAFEbuilt is currently looking for a Permit Technician with excellent customer service skills to work with our building department operational team. This position serves as key office personnel who interact daily with the public, city employees, inspectors, plans examiners and the building official. Customer service, organization, detail oriented and multitasking is a must.
- Interfacing with all customers to service their building department related needs
- Issuing and/or tracking permits through the permitting process, beginning with application acceptance, plan review, inspections and permit closure.
- Establishing and maintaining systems to ensure that all files, letters, reference manuals, field inspection reports, permit files, blueprints, drawings, and other data or material is maintained in an organized fashion
- Working with plans examiners and inspectors throughout the company to develop and ensure consistent processes.
- Assisting with public record requests and record conversion.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele.
- Experience with the complete billing cycle preferred.
- Good time management, organization, telephone, attention to detail, and people skills
- Must be able to perform multi-task operations with frequent interruptions.
- Perform a variety of duties requiring use of critical thinking, independent judgment, and technical knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills and permitting software experience are a must
- Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Administrative Support required
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Permit Technician experience preferred
- Municipal experience preferred
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.