Process Engineer, GA4
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Job CategoryManufacturingLocationFremont, CaliforniaReq. ID155149Job TypeFull-timeTesla participates in the E-Verify ProgramWhat to ExpectProcess Engineering for technical support of Model Y vehicle assembly operations.What You ll Do
- Drive process improvements throughout vehicle assembly operations
- Target key KPIs, such as Quality, Safety, Rate, Downtime, and number of processes; set targets, analyze data and monitor trends, and drive projects to meet those targets
- Identify areas of improvement with existing processes and areas of the manufacturing line in order to optimize factory processes
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by characterizing and optimizing existing processes, reducing waste
- Work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Product Introduction and other teams to define, qualify, and track new processes and all associated work instructions, equipment, tools, materials, and training
- Ensure processes provide a high level of safety and ergonomic compliance
- Perform supporting activities for Engineering and Manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
- Offer critical feedback regarding design for manufacturing preferences for new program launches, ensuring engineering support is aligned on trial and implementation plans.
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools and concepts such as value stream mapping, line balancing, and 5S for continuous improvement
- Define and execute process improvement studies to create, characterize, and optimize vehicle assembly processes
- Utilize SPC data and other statistical tools to characterize processes for operating performance
- Use leadership, technical, and business system skills to drive process improvements throughout all vehicle assembly
- Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems.
- Generate documentation for change controls and engineering qualification protocols to support process changes
- Optimize work content to achieve a safe work environment, meet budget expectations, and exceed build quality standardsWhat You ll Bring
- BS degree in ME, MET, EE or equivalent experience
- Previous manufacturing or vehicle assembly experience
- Experience managing or technically mentoring other engineers and/or technicians
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques
- Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product
- Data collection and analysis experience
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within a vehicle assembly and engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email
- Strong understanding of vehicle manufacturing best practices and development of error proofing solutions.
- Previous knowledge and experience working with transducer torque tooling and program development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product developmentCompensation and
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire: Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) LGBTQ+ care concierge services 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance Employee Assistance Program Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays Back-up childcare and parenting support resources Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs Tesla Babies program Commuter benefits Employee discounts and perks programExpected Compensation$76,000 - $240,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefitsPay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [Email available when viewing the job] for additional information or to request accommodations.Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice