DIRECTOR OF HEALTH ECONOMICS
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
State of New Hampshire Job Posting
Life and Health Division
21 South Fruit Street, Suite 14, Concord, NH 03301
Director of Health Economics
Labor Grade FF
- See total compensation information at the bottom of announcement.
The State of New Hampshire, Insurance Department, Life and Health Division, has a full time vacancy for a Director of Health Economics responsible for leading and participating in the conceptualization, execution and delivery of analyses in health economics, comparative effectiveness, and econometric expertise to the development of health policy and statistical analysis. Analyze, quantify, and communicate the value of healthcare interventions, healthcare trends emerging in the marketplace and align business strategies with evidentiary demands on an increasingly value-driven marketplace.
The New Hampshire Insurance Department (NHID) was established in 1851, the first insurance regulatory agency in the United States. The responsibilities of the Insurance Department are codified by the provisions of RSA 400-A of the Insurance Laws. The Insurance Commissioner is charged with the enforcement of insurance laws of the State of New Hampshire, including collection of premium taxes and fees, regulation of all insurance companies, agents and adjusters.
The mission of the New Hampshire Insurance Department is to promote and protect the public good by ensuring the existence of a safe and competitive insurance marketplace through the development and enforcement of the insurance laws of the State of New Hampshire. We are committed to doing so in an honest, effective and timely manner.
To learn more about the New Hampshire Insurance Department please visit our website: https://www.nh.gov/insurance/
· Develop and maintain strategies for utilizing data available to the NHID for the purposes of supporting effective and efficient health care policy in the state of New Hampshire.
· Manage vendors regarding the collection of data and integrity of the NHCHIS (NH Comprehensive Healthcare Information System).
· Write and maintain SAS programs to analyze claims data and member tables in the NHCHIS.
· Ensure carrier and TPA compliance with NHID promulgated rules for the NHCHIS data submissions and supplemental report filings.
· Represent the NHID and advise stakeholders with regard to development, maintenance, and use of all payer claims databases, both on a local and national level.
· Manage NHID contractors in the areas of data analysis, special studies, public hearings, and website development (e.g. www.NHHealthCost.org ).
· Work with NHID staff, legislators, industry, and partner organizations to utilize health care data and analyses.
· Provide recommendations to the commissioner, policymakers and the public through analysis of data available to the department.
· Supervise LAH analyst(s) promoting effective use of time and resources to maximize benefit for internal staff needs and consumers.
· Master’s degree, preferably in public health, health care administration, health policy, or economics.
· Minimum of five years professional experience working for an insurance carrier, pharmacy benefit manager, or a health care delivery system, using SAS or SQL to analyze health insurance claims or similar administrative data.
Please see below for total compensation package information. We prefer on-site, offer great work-life balance, and a casual yet professional work environment.
For immediate consideration please apply online at nh.gov , scroll to the right of the page and follow the Careers link then follow the link to NH State Government Job Opportunities .
For further information please contact:
*TOTAL COMPENSATION INFORMATION
The State of NH total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits, including: HMO or POS Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits. The actual value of State-paid health benefits is based on the employee’s union status, and employee per pay period health benefit contributions will vary depending on the type of plan selected.
Value of State's share of Employee's Retirement: 14.53% of pay
· Dental Plan at minimal cost for employees and their families ($500-$1800 value)
· Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
· State defined benefit retirement plan and Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
· Work/life balance flexible schedules, paid holidays and generous leave plan
· $50,000 state-paid life insurance plus additional low cost group life insurance
· Incentive-based Wellness Program (ability to earn up to $500)
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment on our website:
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
Similar healthcare services jobs in new hampshire
- healthcare services jobs jobs near me
- director jobs near me
- Floor Tech at Healthcare Services Group, Inc
- Food Service Worker/Kitchen Helper/Dietary Aide at Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
- Physician / Pulmonology - Critical Care / New Hampshire / Permanent / Physicians Job at International Medical Placement, Ltd.
- Healthcare Registered Nurse | New Hampshire at Quest Diagnostics
- Patient Care Tech at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Pharmacist PRN at Parkland Medical Center
- Community Health Services Representative III at New Hampshire Healthy Families