Benefits Manager (Remote, DC-MD-VA)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
The Benefits Manager will oversee the successful implementation, execution and administration of all benefit compliance and administrative activities and serve as the Subject Matter Expert in laws, regulations, Executive Orders, Wage and Hour regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure team provides services and answers questions from internal client base, and human resources field representatives.
- Partner with internal benefits team and management to plan strategy for annual open enrollment.
- Develop benefits materials to ensure and enhance employee understanding of benefits, and claims submission in coordination with vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors to compile quarterly benefits information and reconciles pursuant to Wage Determination Letter obligations based upon an employee's location.
- Develop communication materials and coordinate review with Sr. management, human resources, legal, Federal contracts team, federal compensation, and external counsel. Oversee the production of and dissemination of communication materials.
- Monitor performance of subordinates according to established monitoring standards, conducts performance appraisals, makes decisions on personnel actions including hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
This is a hybrid position. Incumbent is expected to work from the company headquarters in Tysons, VA 1-3 days each month.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years benefit administration and management required.
- Minimum 3 years SCA administration preferred
- 3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Wage and Hour regulations.
- Strong project management.
- Must be well-organized and adaptable to situational changes.
- Must demonstrate strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Experience with Workday, or other HR/benefits systems is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate findings into clear and concise documents and presentations.