Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
ITW Drawform & Sexton is a $200M USD Division within Illinois Tool Works’ Automotive Segment. It has an excellent reputation for delivering top results and exceeding customer expectations within the deep draw and aerosol can industries. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will support growth in West Michigan. The role will be responsible for managing new customer and supplier programs, implementing continuous improvements in existing programs, and manufacturing process launches which could include machine installations, automation projects and other efficiency initiatives within the assigned facilities. This role will report into the Business Unit Manager and will oversee the work of a team of professional engineers and technicians. This position will liaise with internal and external stakeholders and will require strong process change management skills and strong influencing skills.
- Coordinate purchase, run-off, delivery, installation, start-up and operator training of new manufacturing equipment and processes. Interacting cross-functionally to select and develop the best supplier for the equipment/process.
- Monitor, track, organize and prioritize equipment and process actions/issues and resolutions to achieve SOP as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide process support to business development resources, for estimating, equipment specifications and quotes.
- Manage in-plant and contracted automation and special machine design resources.
- Plan and research the best methods and equipment for efficiency improvement of new & current processes. Including what’s needed to support the implementation of new programs.
- Ensure that all process trials and changes are properly documented to APQP standards when applicable.
- Liaise with production on specific customer and supplier issues such as new job start-up, cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Deliver results that meet all internal and external KPI’s through the strong management of local teams—process and automation engineers.
- Prioritizes, assigns, coordinates and monitors timely completion of all safety, quality and productivity continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understand process capability and take actions to improve.
- Work closely with quality to ensure production processes meet customer requirements and drive corrective actions as needed.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives for each of the above areas.
- Consult or negotiate with local management to prioritize projects and assign resources.
- Report project status on a regular basis to management and other key personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical or industrial engineering.
- 5 – 7 years of engineering project management experience with a minimum of 3 years leading others.
- Experience in the automotive industry; deep drawn metal stamping and automation exposure preferred.
- Large program launch and project management experience preferred with new facility start-up desired.
- Experience with IATF 16949, SPC, PPAP, FMEA, DOE, and 8-D problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and management skills.
- Proven track record of change management (process & people), continuous improvements, cost reduction, and employee development.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Holland, MI 49423: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Similar industrial jobs in holland mi
- industrial jobs jobs near me
- manufacturing engineering manager jobs near me
- Manufacturing Production Associate - 1st Shift - Holland, MI at Haworth
- Manufacturing Specialist Opportunity- $21.20/hr at Perrigo Company
- Production Operator at Challenge Mfg. Company
- Production Assembly All shifts-THC Friendly at Workforce Strategies Inc
- Manufacturing / Production at Forge Industrial Staffing - Holland
- Press Electrician at Challenge Mfg. Company
- Service Engineer at Challenge Mfg. Company