Customer Service Cashier
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Company Name: Baker's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform various customer services at the front-end and maintain accountability for money and other assets debited, collected, deposited in the store. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on customers and counter promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with great service.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Make clean, neat, and friendly impression on customers.
- Provide effective and efficient customer service. Treat customers and each other in a cordial, professional manner in person and on the telephone.
- Perform customer services at the customer service counter in accordance with Dillon operating procedures.
- Train others in the following areas: use of equipment, customer service counter operations, count room protocols, accounting functions and store reports, checker, and Courtesy Clerk duties, and Dillon policies and procedures.
- Accountable and responsible for money and media debited, collected, and deposited at the store.
- Maintain well-organized, clean, pleasant shopping environment at the check stand, customer service, lobby, restrooms and parking lot area.
- Help increase sales and profits in conjunction with retail operations and marketing programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assist customers with Rug Doctor carpet shampooers.
- Assist customers with Blue Rhino propane tank exchange.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing and available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills that engage our customers and associates.
- Able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, bulletins.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
- Must be able to work with various cleaning solutions, safely use sharp tools, and carefully operate all production equipment.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, food handling.
- Experience in grocery retail and customer service.
- Experience in operating a cash register and making change.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NE || Omaha || 4405 North 72Nd St. || 68134 || Baker's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None