Health Information Management Senior Director
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Health Information Management Senior Director, Binghamton NY
United Health Services is seeking a Health Information Management Senior Director to join our team in Binghamton, NY. United Health Services (UHS) transitioned its electronic health record and billing system to a new program called Epic. Epic is a highly respected computerized system, widely used by the top hospitals and medical centers across the country. This is a BENEFITS-ELIGIBLE position.
Hours per week: 40
Salary range: Depending on experience
Health Information Management Senior Director Overview
Provides, protects and preserves quality, timely and complete healthcare information for all of those that depend on the United Health Services Health Information Management (HIM) and Coding Departments. Assures a timely and efficient flow within the Department by directing, planning, coordinating, and managing the activities. Oversees and acts as a HIM and Coding resource for the UHS Physician practice division, HIM Departments and support affiliate organizations.
Pharmacy Business Operations Manager Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Directs the health information management functions of all the physician practices and facilities in the healthcare system
- Supports the planning for health information management systems as part of the healthcare system s overall information system plan
- Monitors health information management systems and sets the healthcare system s standards for data quality and ethical practice
- Oversees in the development of health information management policies and procedures on release of information, information storage and retrieval, and record retention and ensures policies are enforced
- Monitors local, national, and international trends in healthcare delivery and health information management.
- Monitor changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect health information management
- Serves as an internal consultant on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and retrieval, and record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation, standardization of medical vocabularies, and use of classification systems
- Oversees the Registry, Coding, Transcription, Release of Information, Document Imaging, Physician Practice and Systems units within the HIM Department.
- Monitors productivity and quality standards for units, including performance against standards monthly.
- Supports and develops HIM and Coding leadership staff skills. ,
- Participates in and represents the HIM and Coding departments in various hospital, UHS, Inc., and Medical Staff committees, as assigned. Prepares for and participates meetings.
- Assures compliance with CMS, DOH, Joint Commission, and ACOS regulations pertinent to the records.
- Monitors budget and expenditures for HIM and Coding ensuring the expenditures are within budget targets.
- Develops Performance Improvement Plan and submits quarterly reports.
- Bachelor s degree in Health Information required. Master s degree in Health Information preferred.
- Five years experience as a manager or director in Health Information Management and Healthcare Coding role required.
- RHIA required.
- Three years experience as a senior leader in Health Information Management Department in a large health system, Project Management experience, Lean Six Sigma and/or Performance Improvement process experience preferred.
- MHA, or CHDA, or CCS, or AHIMA Fellow preferred.
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We re proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- Tuition Reimbursement
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York s Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are LOVED! This means we re Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you ll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
About New York s Southern Tier
As an employee of United Health Services, you ll call the Southern Tier, or more specifically, the Greater Binghamton area, home. Known for entertainment and restaurants, craft brews, outdoor experiences, minor-league sports, family-friendly events, and a keenness for local history (like our connection to the Twilight Zone and our six antique carousels), Greater Binghamton offers something for everyone. We re a short drive away from the Finger Lakes region in Central New York, three hours from New York City, and just shy of four hours from Niagara Falls, Canada.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Similar leadership jobs in binghamton ny
- Store Leadership at Speedway LLC
- Leadership Roles for Aspiring Teachers and Coaches (21 Plus) at Chestnut Lake Camp
- Finance Leadership Development Program at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Leadership Team Staff Assistant, Health & Counseling at Binghamton University, State University of New York
- Protection & Control Lead Engineer at PTAG
- Associate Medical Director at Sound Physicians
- Shift Leader at Dunkin'