EPIC Clinical Lead - Telecommute
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Provider Technology Services is a clinically oriented health IT consulting group within Optum Advisory Services. We partner technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to Electronic Health Record (EHR) optimization includes clinical workflow redesign, technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
Our Consultants assist our clients in their efforts to solve challenging issues while delivering excellent results. They have a unique opportunity to engage directly with our clients and participate in creating and implementing solutions. The Medical Manager will be primarily assigned to Provider Technology Services with potential assignments spanning all of our Consulting Service Lines. The Medical Manager actively participates on teams and plays a key role across product/solution design & development, delivery, and business growth. The Medical Manager will serve as a subject matter expert in various practice development projects, proactively anticipate challenges and risks in both their own area and that of junior staff, make sound adjustments/recommendations to address issues, and play a leading role in improving business processes, knowledge management, etc.
This role will function as one of the firm's Subject Matter experts with a specific initial focus on optimization of care management and care variation reduction. Particular expertise and interest in clinical decision support innovation is required. We are seeking exceptional candidates who are experienced in facilitating agreement to clinical content standards, have deep Epic technical expertise and who want to be part of an innovative and forward-thinking team.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client Delivery:
- Supports the development of consulting methodologies to address the current challenges facing health systems related to the adoption and use of health IT
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Provider Technology Services' optimization solution implementations (leads client meetings; defines clinical strategy; recommends best practice Epic configurations, customizes training and adoption approach; manages informaticists; co-leads go-live; etc.)
- Participates on consulting teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice performance
- Builds consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical key role in the health system's ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Communicates effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, members and other staff
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Solution / Product Development
- Provides subject matter expertise to other Optum business units
- Provides vision and focus for development of new solutions / products
- Direction and decision making related to performance of select products(s) / solution(s)
- Serves as clinical lead for the development of new product(s) / solution(s) and the enhancement of existing product(s) / solution(s)
- Collaborates with internal clinical, technical, and operational leadership to enhance select products / solutions
- Business Development
- Supports Business Development and Marketing efforts, including preparation for and participation in business development meetings, demonstration of products and solutions, and overall go to market strategy
- Serves as a Clinical Subject Matter Expert for business development activities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of clinical and/or consulting experience
- Experience participating in clinical redesign and improvement initiatives
- Background in and experience with informatics, including Epic clinical (EpicCare Inpatient Procedure Orders, EpicCare Ambulatory)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Able and willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Consulting firm (or related) experience including project management, developing and presenting deliverables, and analytics
- Background in healthcare consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas: hospital operations; medical group operations; population health; health analytics
- Interest in clinical decision support and clinical pathways
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Similar united healthcare remote jobs in minnesota
- united healthcare remote jobs jobs near me
- clinical jobs near me
- Clinical Practice Consultant, Minneapolis, MN - Telecommute at UnitedHealth Group
- Operations Consultant, Individual & Family Plans - Remote at UnitedHealth Group
- Senior Medical Director, UnitedHealthcare Retiree Solutions - Telecommute (Physician ) at Optum
- Senior Customer Service Quality Analyst - Remote at UnitedHealth Group
- Client Executive II - Telecommute at UnitedHealth Group
- Clinical Quality LPN - Telecommute at UnitedHealth Group
- .NET Senior UI Developer -Remote at UnitedHealth Group