Sr Operations Research Performance & Strategy Analyst
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Responsible for ensuring daily air revenue generation meets or exceeds Company goals while maintaining our low cost brand. Ensure the Revenue Management System has the most accurate inputs and is calibrated accordingly. Recommend and support execution of full-scale strategic changes based on statistical analysis and simulation modeling. Work across multiple customer groups and cross-functional Teams to align Revenue Management strategies with Company initiatives and activities.
Additional details and benefits you'll love:
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights-your eligible dependents too.
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck.*
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit.**
- Explore more Benefits you'll love: swa.is/benefits
- For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
- U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
- Incorporate Yield Management and Pricing concepts with Commercial goals to enable Revenue Management to maximize revenue while maintaining our low cost brand
- Enable Yield Management and Pricing to be more effective and efficient by working with more senior members of the Team to create reports and strategies
- Identify opportunities for revenue generation on Revenue Management, Commercial and Enterprise projects based on analysis with support from Leader
- Seek opportunities within normal scope of work and proactively make recommendations based on system knowledge and analysis to improve revenue performance and meet Revenue Management goals
- Represent Revenue Management in cross-Team discussions with direct Leadership involvement
- Perform research, mine data, develop conclusions and presenting findings to Leaders for discussion and evaluation
- Present and communicate occasionally to Revenue Management Senior Leaders
- Train and mentor junior analysts within the Revenue Management
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge in Yield Management, Pricing, reservation systems, Global Distribution Systems, forecasting systems and optimization
- Advanced skills with Microsoft products: Excel (pivot tables, VBA and slicers), Access, Outlook, Teams, etc., advanced skills in SQL and database management and working knowledge of JAVA or Python or Alteryx
- Ability to make sense of, combine, and organize information into meaningful patterns, present this data and provide in meaningful formats so others may continue analysis
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, which may not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems-at times this involves developing unusual or clever ideas but at its core this is using logic and reasoning
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced level experience, seasoned and specialized knowledge in:
- Yield Management including theory, strategy and practice (customer demand, bid price controls, dual RBD, etc.)
- Pricing including theory, strategy and practice (Fare Basis Codes, ATPCO rules, etc.)
- Reservation Systems, Global Distribution Systems
- Working with large and complex datasets
- High level analytical problem solving
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
*401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
**ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.