Veterinary Technician in Training
The Veterinary Technician in Training is under the direct guidance and supervision of the Licensed Veterinary Technician Supervisor, Veterinarians, Office Manager, Practice Manager, and Front end Supervisor who will indicate general assignments, limitations, and priorities. Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the Licensed Technician on duty, Veterinarian, or supervisor. Completed work is reviewed for technical accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
The Veterinary Technician in Training assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at Blue Diamond Animal Hospital. The Veterinary Technician in Training assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, dental procedures, surgeries, immunizations, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing, and inventory maintenance. This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases; their symptoms means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations. This is an overview of the position and the job responsibilities listed do not encompass the entire position.
● Receive, handle and treat patients with skill, compassion, and care including monitoring during anesthesia, administering fluids, assisting in diagnosing, surgery, and specialized nursing care.
● Input data into computer software system/patients file
● Ability to observe the animal's appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease, and discontent.
● Maintain inventory of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies.
● Placement of IV catheters of various veins
● Perform blood draws of various veins
● Induction of anesthesia/endotracheal intubation
● Basic knowledge of calculations
● In addition to veterinary assistant duties
Position type and expected hours of work:
● Full Time preferred
● Part-Time (to be discussed with Manager)
● 8-hour shifts or 10-hour shifts Monday – Sunday
● Weekends may be required
● Most Holidays required
Blue Diamond Animal Hospital Core Values:
Our team agrees and believes in Wisdom, Empathy, Connecting, Attitude, Reliability, Eager to create a work environment that energizes team members to create value on behalf of our clients and patients. We would like these core values to reflect everyone that is part of the Blue Diamond family!
Education and Experience:
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Veterinary Technician License for the State of Nevada
● Previous veterinary experience preferred
Rate: $21 - $25