Student Success Advisor for DC Special Cohorts
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation s capital, seeks an academic advisor specializing in advising and support for students from the DC Public and Charter Schools to join the team in the university s new Center for Student Success. The purpose of the Center is to improve student enrollment, persistence, and completion through a unified, systematic advising and academic success program across the university that includes the effective use of Trinity s Starfish platform, data-analytics, and other student success tools.
The Academic Advisor for DC Students will work intensively with cohorts of DC students to support them in navigating the opportunities and stresses of college. Thhe advisor will ensure students are connected with internal and external services and resources, provide dedicated programming, and work with partners at Trinity and beyond to increased students financial literacy and career readiness.
The DC Student Advisor will report to the Director of the Center for Student Success and work closely with other Student Success and Financial Aid Advisors, the VP for Enrollment Services, and VP for Student Affairs.
- Provide academic advising and holistic support for DC students at Trinity.
- Develop programming for identified cohorts of students to provide support and mentorship.
- Work 1:1 with students to provide individualized attention to enhance their retention and success.
- Engage in outreach in response to students who are struggling academically.
- Coordinate and lead financial literacy and career readiness activities.
- Work closely with other on-campus resources and facilitate students connection to both on and off-campus resources as needed, particularly Health Services, Financial Aid, Academic Support Services (e.g., Tutoring, Disabilities Services) and related services.
- Work with the Center for Student Success team to create resources for academic success and to stay current in best practices in advising.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take a holistic case-management approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Current knowledge of best practices in advising.
- Well-developed academic and life counseling techniques.
- Strong record management skills.
- High degree of organization and ability to follow through on tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Master s degree preferred.
- Experience in, or working with, DCPS and DC Charter Schools.
- Knowledge of issues in the DC area that have an impact on student success, e.g., poverty, parental literacy, violence, housing and food insecurity, and similar issues.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a similar student-support role.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to the the "Apply Here Now" link below where you will be re-directed to the online application. Please note that incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Review of all applicants will continue until an appointment is made.
APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.