Summer 2022 Internship - IT End User Services
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Summer 2022 Internship - IT End User Services
AeroFarms is seeking a IT End-User Services Intern, this an opportunity to work in a growing technology company and learn more about the tech we use on a day to day basis!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20 current patents, 60 pending patents, and 200 invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200 intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
- Responsible for responding and resolving technology related issues using the AeroFarms service management system (Jira)
- Assessing issues and escalating to other technology teams throughout IT
- Assists with testing of internal IT developed applications and report bugs
- Work at the direction of the Sr. IT Support Engineer
Hardware has to be prepared for users and that happens at our corporate offices in Newark, sometimes trainings need to be given to users that are working at our farm operation etc. There will be an in-person element that will maximize the experience for the individual in the function to learn more about the organization and company.
Education & Experience
- Passionate about technology, you are the kind of person who likes to dive into tech and really understand what it is and how to get the best out of it
- You are ideally a college senior or recent graduate who wants to gain some real world experience in the field of IT.
- Practical experience in the IT related field is all welcome, we know it comes in many forms!
- Customer service mindset: in support you are there to help those other users who maybe do not understand the tech as well as you, you are there to bridge that gap and ensure their needs are met.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.