Account Manager, Sales
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 140 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
The Forbes office is currently remote. The expectation will be for this role to be based out of Jersey City when that staff returns.
Forbes Media seeks an ambitious Account Manager with a successful track record of nurturing and growing client relationships through a comprehensive understanding of client’s short and long-term strategy and high-level goals. Account Managers are responsible for overseeing client accounts once a Sales Director has closed the business. They serve as the primary point of contact for clients, and work with this group for the entire length of time that they partner with Forbes to help achieve the client’s goals and represent Forbes in non-support customer interactions.
Account Managers are also tasked with growing these accounts through upsells, maintaining high quality work so clients renew and expand partnerships through exemplary customer service, delivering campaign reporting and case studies and advising clients on long-term growth strategies.
Project Managers, content leads, ad ops analysts and other internal teams will also work on the execution and rollout of specific campaigns, but it is the Account Manager’s job to understand how each individual campaign fits into the larger account strategy.
Reporting to our Executive Director of Account Management, the Account Manager is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and managing Forbes' integrated advertising strategy, both from a business development and a sales perspective.Forbes’ iconic brand embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and we are looking for an Account Manager who shares our vision. If you have experience in the media sector, are passionate about relationship building and account management and are looking for an exciting and challenging role, we want to hear from you.
- Manage client relationships, expectations and long-term multi-platform programs utilizing one's knowledge of multiple media channels.
- Build and maintain deep relationships with current/prospective clients and provide exceptional client support.
- Work effectively with Sales Directors, Sales Planners and other supporting teams to seamlessly implement programs, execute campaigns and deliver strong results.
- Take the lead on client calls and e-mail correspondence
- Develop client facing materials for post-sale meetings and calls including comprehensive call agendas, program outlines, campaign reports and recaps
- Extensive knowledge of Forbes’ product lines, including Forbes.com, Forbes Magazine, Forbes BrandVoice native advertising platform, and Forbes Live Events while possessing the authority to articulate their value and ability to meet client objectives
- Seek opportunities to strategically upsell and grow accounts
- Demonstrate outstanding organization, preparation, and public speaking abilities.
- 2-5 years of experience working in media
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Demonstrate knowledge in wide variety of advertising concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience in a client facing role and confidence in leading client conversations
- Efficient communication skills
- Quantitative analytical skills
- Intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, highly motivated and sense of humor
- Capable of working on a team and with several supporting, post-sale teams
- Strong ability to multitask with the capacity to work on several accounts at once
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to succeed in a competitive selling environment
- BA/BS degree