Building/Electrical Inspector - Canton, OH
Building / Electrical Inspector - Canton, OH
Our team is filled with innovators, over achievers, and difference makers—hard working professionals who care about their work, their communities, and the lives of people around them. The positive, charismatic nature of the people behind SAFEbuilt fuels our commitment to keeping our communities strong and safely built. Join us and discover unbounded opportunities for a meaningful and rewarding career.
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Building / Electrical Inspector to join our team of professionals. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of work assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected team of professionals with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
- Performs daily field inspections of residential, commercial and public facility construction projects.
- Interacts with the public and explains technical information to both technically and non-technically trained individuals.
- Reviews residential and commercial plans and engineering calculations for building components to insure compliance with applicable codes.
- Provides recommendations regarding interpretations of City, State, Federal, and Construction standards, as well as local ordinances.
- Maintains accurate records to document inspections, test results, and additional details pertaining to inspections.
- Maintains computer logs of inspection reports, entering inspection results into permitting software.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology
- 5+ yrs. experience with Interpretation of codes in the field providing code compliant solutions
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- OH Building Inspector Certifications required.
- OH Electrical Safety Inspector Certification required.
- ICC Inspector certifications are a plus!
COMPENSATION: SAFEbuilt pays competitive wages and has a strong benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: The fastest growing provider of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.