Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Come join us at ChristianaCare
Do you want to work at one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the nation? We are guided by our values of Love and Excellence and are passionate about delivering health, not just health care.
Named one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S.
ChristianaCare, with Hospitals in Wilmington and Newark, DE, as well as Elkton, MD, is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
News & World Report, we have an excess of 1,100 beds between our hospitals and are committed to providing the best patient care in the region.
We are proud to that Christiana Hospital, Wilmington Hospital, our Ambulatory Services, and HomeHealth have all received ANCC Magnet Recognition.Primary Function:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a full-time Coder responsible for accurate and timely assignment of ICD-10 CM/PCS and HCPCS/CPT codes, payment group classification assignment and data abstraction for reimbursement purposes and statistical information reporting on all Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency Medicine, Ancillary and Diagnostics records.
- Reviews and interprets Inpatient, Outpatient, Ancillary, Diagnostics and Emergency Medicine or other patient records in order to assign appropriate ICD-10 CM/PCS diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Performs tasks to support billing, data quality and statistics, and to support calculation for severity of illness and risk of mortality reporting.
- Follows UHDDS definitions, CMS regulations and Official and Internal coding guidelines.
- Utilizes information on diagnostic reports (i.e. radiology, pathology, EKG reports, laboratory values, doctors' orders and administrative medication forms) to accurate code patient charts in accordance with the Official Coding Guidelines.
- Abstracts pertinent data, determines and sequences codes for diagnoses and procedures, and enters all information.
- Utilizes coding and abstracting system as a communication tool, as outlined in the HIMS Coding DNFB Tagging procedures.
- Provides all vital coded and abstracted information required for final coding and billing of accounts within efficiency expectations by work type in order to support department and organization goals for DNFB dollar amounts and bill hold days.
- Reviews pre-populated patient demographic information developed via HL7 from source system into coding system.
- Completes necessary abstracted data changes in coding system as required for accurate posting to CCHS billing system.
- Utilizes coding system to calculate all inpatient encounters in both MS DRG and APR DRG groupers.
- College Diploma in Medical Coding or one year coding experience in a healthcare environment required.
- Associate or Bachelor Science degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- 403(b) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to , access to backup care services for dependents through [email protected], retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more
Oct 1, 2022
EEO Posting Statement
ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers.
For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Similar coder jobs in newark nj
- coder jobs jobs near me
- coder jobs near me
- Medical Coder in Newark at The Judge Group
- Inpatient Coder at University Hospital, Newark NJ
- Senior Inpatient Coder at University Hospital, Newark NJ
- Single Path Coding Specialist I (Remote) at Stanford Health Care
- Facility Clinic and ED Coder at GHR (Rev Cycle)
- Medical Coder at The Judge Group
- Manager - Coding (Remote) at Stanford Health Care