Manager, Labor Relations
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66027
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
This job is a member of the Labor Relations Team within the Corporate Affairs Division.
Responsible for maintaining working partnerships with operational areas, which have organized work groups for the purpose of implementing, maintaining, and administering collective bargaining agreements.
- Provide support to various operating departments, regarding contractual interpretations and guidance
- Assist Labor Legal and Operations in responding to and managing union grievances
- Participate in negotiations for collective bargaining agreements
- Provide advice on time-sensitive operational issues with labor implications and assist with investigations of labor issues
- Build and foster positive and collaborative relationships with union committees and leadership
- Manage disputes and negotiate resolutions with union representatives
- Prepare and deliver contract training to Operations/People Leaders
- Ability to travel
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, or related field or equivalent experience/training
- 5 years experience in HR, Labor Relations, or operational management of unionized employees
- 2 years in a supervisory/management position
- Experience or formal training in early dispute resolution strategy
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Previous contract administration and negotiation experience
- Strong analytical skills, including experience in development and reporting of Labor analytics
- Knowledge of labor/employment law and the principles and techniques of labor relations and labor negotiations
- Experience working with collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to render persuasive, diplomatic, practical, and creative input in discussions with union representatives regarding contractual compliance matters
- Ability to render persuasive, diplomatic, practical, and creative input on grievance and arbitration matters in a timely fashion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to research contract history
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work autonomously, and handle high-pressure situations and short deadlines
- Ability and patience to independently develop relationships across the organization
- Thoughtful and creative problem solver
- Ability to think critically, make clear and well-reasoned decisions, and thrive in a face paced, fluid environment
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66027
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry