Campus Undergraduate - 2023 Global Services Group Industrial Engineering Internship
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible- and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Global Services Group (GSG) offers a great pathway into Amex to build knowledge and experience about operations and leadership skills - including servicing, back office, Credit & Collections, card member acquisition and fraud detection.
BUSINESS UNIT/ROLE SPECIFIC INFO
Our Industrial Engineers act as internal business consultants to support our servicing and operations business groups. Our primary goals are to enable superior customer experiences while reducing costs, by applying thought leadership and innovation to identify process improvement opportunities. You will be leading and supporting efforts to collect data, analyze for insights, develop proposals & recommendations for senior leadership, and deploy improvements to our systems & processes. Projects will give exposure to multiple different business groups across the Enterprise, coordinating with Technologies, Finance, Risk, Operations, Marketing, Brand, external vendors, and many more.
As an Industrial Engineer Intern you will:
Directly lead projects & make a real world impact on our business & Card Members.
Gain experience by creating effective strategies, systems, and processes.
- Implement your statistical manufacturing tools and consulting techniques in the finance industry.
- Work as a team member in a large engineering organization of IEs, Analysts, & Project Managers - dedicated to helping improve business processes & drive optimization.
- Experience diversified opportunities at our Florida service center, including diverse career growth opportunities horizontally and vertically within the organization.
- Receive a competitive internship compensation package.
Ability to clearly and consistently communicate verbally and in writing with superiors & peers.
Adept at root cause and quantitative analysis using analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to work independently or in teams.
- Results driven with the ability to own projects & initiatives end-to-end.
- Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups.
- Knowledge & exposure using common IE software (such as Excel, SQL, etc).
- Knowledge, exposure, or expertise in multiple IE topics, such as the following:
Continuous improvement, intricate problem solving, cost benefit analysis, Six Sigma, lean, project management, statistics, operations research, forecasting, quality control/statistical process control, work/motion study, design of experiments, process or value stream, mapping, etc.
Currently enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program in one of the below areas or similar:
Industrial, Manufacturing, Systems, or Operations Engineering
- Information Technology/Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Distribution
- Business Data Analytics
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Similar global services jobs in high point nc
- global services jobs jobs near me
- engineering jobs near me
- Production Associate at Riverdale Global, LLC
- Global Private Client Services Tax Staff at Crowe
- Senior Software Engineer (Remote) - Global Network Communications at Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Campus Undergraduate - 2023 Global Services Group Industrial Engineering Internship at American Express
- Retail Sales Associate at T-ROC Global
- Production Manager at Riverdale Global, LLC
- Quality Tech at Leggett & Platt