This job is expired
Membership Services Coordinator
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
Membership Services Coordinator
Salary: $21-23 per hour
Hours: 9am-5pm M-F
Location: 258 East Campus View Blvd, Columbus OH 43235
What is GAMA
The Game Manufacturers Association (GAMA) is the non-profit trade organization dedicated to serving the tabletop games industry – board, card, miniatures, and role-playing games. Our members are game designers, manufacturers, publishers, distributors, retailers, game media and event organizers. GAMA serves to promote the growth and adoption of tabletop games through hosting trade and consumer shows, industry events, providing an information and resource hub, and industry related networking and marketing activities.
The Membership Services Coordinator will serve as the main point of contact for member inquiries. Detail-oriented person who has excellent interpersonal and management skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure that communication to our members is accurate and up to date
- Handle questions, information requests, and complaints regarding membership
- Manage membership dues and membership services and programs
- General administrative duties
- Onboard new members
- Maintain the database containing members and non-member records to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Work closely with other GAMA staff to continually inform members of services and benefits of membership; assist with the execution of marketing efforts.
- Assist with member communication activities that drive attendance at GAMA events.
- Represent GAMA at events and functions.
- Collect, analyze, and report member feedback on GAMA programs and events.
- Contribute to preparations for events and assist other GAMA staff with duties as necessary during the shows.
The Skill Set
- Associate’s degree
- Data entry skills
- Previous experience working with membership programs
- Creative, proactive approach to work, with ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally
You will have:
- Passion, drive, determination, and commitment to individual, team, and business goals
- The ability to develop and grow strong relationships with members representing a wide range of companies.
- A team mentality - understanding the importance of effective collaboration and able to work with a variety of individuals and functions towards positive solutions and outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively manage and report on active membership campaigns
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience with pop culture or board game conventions is a plus!
GAMA is guided by organizational values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with company values, we provide competitive salaries and solid benefit packages, including 100% paid health insurance for employees, a SIMPLE IRA with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 2 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible scheduling.
Diversity & Inclusion
GAMA celebrates diversity in all of its forms -- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status -- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to succeed.
We support the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We always aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. However, we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the hobby games industry. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
We believe in a game on every table, and a table for everyone!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location