Assistant Designer (Knits)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Assistant Designer (Knits)
Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE's family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE's data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It's our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
Some of the sweetest perks we offer aren't in a typical benefit package like hefty discount on items we carry - as in 50% or more off retail prices, free weekly lunches, and pretty rad company parties.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE "corporate" lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the Assistant Designer role:
The Assistant Designer will utilize his or her organizational skills to assist and support the Knitwear Design team with daily administrative and design-related tasks. He or she will assist with the design development process which includes creatively finding solutions and different perspectives pertaining to design, ultimately supporting the Designer's creative direction within the Knits category. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who truly understand the market consumer and is passionate about his or her work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and receive sample shipments and check-in to system daily
- Maintain and organize all sample racks and label samples accordingly
- Create and maintain monthly lineguides
- Set up swatch and print packages
- Create CADs/Tech Packs/Construction Detail Pages/maintain BOMs
- Check in samples and blocks into Product Consoles
- Accurately take notes for Designer in meetings
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess ability to sketch and CAD design details and knowledge of garment construction as needed by Designer, specifically for Knitwear
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Positive and dependable attitude
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable to a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Minimum one year experience in previous work or internship in related field
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a must
- Advanced visual and written communication skills
- Some to advanced knowledge of fabrics across categories
- Experience with Knitwear strongly preferred
- Degree in Fashion, similar related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Gmail
- Proficient knowledge of garment construction and fit
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it's what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.