Technology Writer | SEO Marketing (Freelance, Remote)
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
We're a marketing company with a purpose: we provide Search Engine Optimization and Thought Leadership services for well-managed, ethical companies. Our team produces high-level content for companies who are leaders in their industry and produce something of genuine value for the public.
Our most successful writers are well-rounded researchers with impeccable writing skills and a passion for tackling complex topics. They are tech-savvy, curious, and team players. The ideal writer is self-motivated, delivers print-worthy articles ahead of schedule, and is passionate about writing and the writing process.
We are seeking experienced writers with a background in, or passion for, technology writing for B2B publications. Some recent and upcoming examples of technically complex topics include
- Software development
- Cloud data integration and migration
- Debt Consolidation
- Pest Control
- Finance and Real Estate
- … and everything in between!
We are looking for seasoned writers who can hit the ground running, researching and/or drawing from professional, hands-on experience to deliver informative, yet engaging content..
Our freelance writing openings can grow into full-time writing opportunities.
Freelance Writer Duties:
- Write well-researched, engaging, and insightful articles for web publication
- Work collaboratively with your editor(s) to ensure every deliverable meets our high editorial standard and is perfected ahead of its due date
- When needed, interview subject matter experts from our clients' teams or our own to gain the information and insights needed for your content
Full-Time Writer Duties:
- In addition to the above duties, our in-house writing team gains access to a wealth of resources and training materials, and engage in the following:
- Conduct keyword research to develop titles for your blogs that help internet users find your work.
- Compile questions for the client to help you write the best piece of content that's in-line with their company style/brand
- Attend meetings with your editor or manager to gain additional client knowledge and support (optional).
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings as needed.
Pay & Benefits:
Our freelance writing opportunities entail 3-5 weekly deliverables, compensated at $175 / deliverable. Freelance writers are also compensated for any optional meetings they're invited to, including strategy brainstorming discussions, client Q+A meetings and team meetings.
If everything turns out to be a great match both ways, our freelance writing roles can become a full-time, salaried position.
Our full-time writing roles have a starting salary range of $48,000 - $52,000 annually.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 2 weeks of sick time
- Standard federal holidays
- PTO increases by 2.5 days per year of employment
- 401(k) with $500 employer match after 6 months of employment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance after 1 month of employment
- Tech/office upgrade stipend after 2 years of employment
When you apply, you will be directed to our application page where you may upload your resume and cover letter. We also ask that you upload 1-2 writing samples of your B2B technology content (if you are linking from an online portfolio, please select 1-2 samples to highlight and link them in your resume or cover letter).
We respond to qualified applicants with a brief email questionnaire. Strong candidates at this stage will be invited to a video interview. After interviewing, the top candidates will be invited to complete a paid writing sample.
Candidates who successfully complete the paid writing sample and its revision will be invited to video conference interview with several members of our team to discuss initial freelance assignments, or to interview for a full-time position, depending on your employment status goals.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Internal Thought Leadership Requires Diversity and Inclusion at Every Level
We are committed to excellence and this means creating a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or national origin. We value this variety of viewpoints and look forward to you adding your unique voice.