Evening Driver Help Desk
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Assistant Dispatcher - Nights
Primarily supports nightly transportation operations including planning, scheduling manpower, equipment and all clerical duties; with a focus on working closely with the Warehouse and Transportation team communicating with drivers on trailer needs and adjusted departure times. Down time could happen will allow this position to work on special projects to continuously improve work flow, safety, efficiency, tracking, etc.
Sunday thru Thursday; typically working from 3:30pm to 12:30am; may occasionally work later if needed, particularly when weather conditions arise.
As we continue to grow, the job duties can change as needed to accommodate the needs for the team, but below is an outline of the major functions of the position and a general outline of what it entails.
The start of the shift focuses on determining what trailer sizes are needed, and ensuring that we have the right trailers at the right times for the warehouse.
- Reviews routes and the cubic needs to determine what size of trailer is needed and communicate that the shag drivers and invoice office.
- Confirms that we have the trailer size available, and if not works to get them. That means reaching out to the various shuttle points and instructing them on what size to bring back and when if multiple shuttles from that location. Will need too periodically monitor routes on Samera to confirm that the correct equipment is being returned and reach out to the drivers if they have the wrong sizes.
Transportation Team Notifications
- Yankton/Michell/Sioux Falls Team: Send a group message of stops/weight/cube for each route
- Kansas Team: Send a listing of the pairs and if anything is eliminated
- Cheyenne Team: Notified if loads are combined on one trailer and needs offloaded
- Lincoln Shuttle Team: Text them on what they need to bring back to the lot
Paperwork / Spreadsheets
The following is done on a nightly basis to provide needed reports and status updates to end users.
- Route Completion Paperwork: Reviews the paperwork from the route drivers to ensure fully completed and signed, will need to follow up with drivers if needed. If missing any invoices, text the supervisor and driver to receive. Once finalized will forward to Accounting. Up to 16 routes for the Kearney team, and up to 8 for the Sioux Falls/Yankton team.
- Late Gate Report: Compile a report listing all of the routes for the day, most importantly identifying if they left late and the reason why. Gets forwarded to driver supervisors and Dispatcher.
- Trailer List: On a daily basis will receive a list of trucks and trailers in the yard from the shag team which includes what repairs are needed (if known) and make sure that the shop team gets the repair list. Will also work with supervisors in the shuttle locations on what they have and need, and what needs returned to Kearney.
- Breakdowns. Will receive calls and/or texts that people have broken down. Will get necessary information from the driver and work to relay to the shop.
- Staffing Issues: Will rearrange the schedule and make calls to drivers to fill a spot last-minute if someone is sick on doesn't come in.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Strong computer skills are essential: Outlook/Excel/Word familiarity is desirable. Ability to learn and be proficient with dispatch software is a must.
- Problem solving and strong analytical skills is essential
- Attention to detail and being process oriented is essential
- Communicate effectively and professionally via phone, text and email required
- Self-motivated; performs duties and stays on track with minimal direction
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Distribution or transportation experience preferred
- Physical exertion as typically seen in office settings.
- Immediate: Eligible for Paid holidays
- 30 days: Purchase food products at a discount
- 60 days: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance eligibility, 2 PTO days
- 90 days: Eligible to contribute to 401k plan
- 180 day: 2 PTO days
- 1 year: 401k match eligibility, 8 PTO days, Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
H&S Enterprises, Inc., works exclusively with Cash-Wa Distributing and delivers to their customers. Cash-Wa Distributing is one of the largest privately-owned food service distributors in the Midwest. Their continued growth of current and new markets has continued to increase the stops and routes performed by H&S Enterprises proving additional opportunities! Join a growing team that focuses on relationships.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro