Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) / Quality Control Representative (QCR) - Bellingham, WA
The Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) will provide the knowledge, skills and experience required to maintain and promote growth in the Mechanical Testing program. This position will be accountable for all associated staff creating and maintaining procedure monitoring product specification with sustainable implementation. Amongst these duties KPI’s & strategic insight on manufacturing process improvements will be essential. The CWI will work to achieve the respective objectives and will report to the General Manager-Operations.
CWI Job Responsibilities:
- Developing & maintaining quality control processes.
- Interacting with production/quality management to discuss material results
- Creating product/process procedures
- Producing statistical reports on tested material.
- Understanding customer expectations and certification level of product.
- Reviewing general specification and material documentation
- Monitoring and evaluating documentation processes.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine conformance.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Rejecting products that fail specification standards.
- Reporting to upper management on overall project results.
- Maintaining calibration program & certification requirements.
Desirable Qualifications & Skill sets:
- Candidates will need experience relating the manufacturing world or a related field
- CWI Certifications
- Experience with Mechanical Testing (Charpy & Tensile Specimens)
- Experience with Government Specification is preferred.
- Experience overseeing systems integration and testing preferred.
- Experience in a quality assurance and/or metallurgy for Carbon Steels with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with employees, public officials, and the general public.
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership to directors of service lines.
· Location Bellingham, Washington
· Reports to General Manager-Operations
· Must pass a pre-employment drug/physical screening
· Must have a valid drivers license
· Full-time position
· Comprehensive wage and benefits package:
o Incentive Bonus
o Medical, Dental, Vision
o Paid Vacation Plan
o Paid Sick Leave
o 401K Plan
o 10 Paid Holidays
o Educational Assistance Program
o Promoted advancement within Company