Safety, Environmental, and Security Manager (EHS)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Responsible for development and implementation of required safety, health, environmental, security and sustainability and related management system programs and processes. Additionally, the SES Manager plans and oversees Safety, Regulatory and Environmental related compliance programs and/or projects, is responsible for Safety, may serve as an official representative of the organization for contacting governmental officials. Leads/supervises a team of two professionals and works with local management team to integrate Safety, Environmental & Security activities into The Coca-Cola Quality System.
· Facilitate Risk Assessment Process (FMEA, Health & Safety Risks, Environmental Aspects and Impacts) in order to mitigate risks.
· Conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant to minimize health and safety risks
· Lead the implementation of the facilities wastewater quality strategy compliance tracking and review/approval of designs.
· Ensure compliance with EPA and GAEPD Hazardous Waste Regulations including submittal of bi-annual Hazardous Waste Reporting.
· Champion sustainability efforts within the facility.
· Design and deliver SES procedure and management system related training modules at five levels: New Hire Orientation, Annual Review, Specialty, Contractor, and Management
· Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 programs and standards.
· Establish and maintain medical response program and emergency response organization.
· Coordinate and communicate findings of internal and external audits to management staff and ensure items of non-conformance are addressed and corrected according to schedule.
· Effectively translate safety and sustainability goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
· Routinely review safety and sustainability results with plant personnel to maximize facility performance.
· Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety and sustainability culture.
· Participate in industry organizations to stay current on technologies, process and regulations.
· Seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embrace change introduced by others.
· Design, implement and execute programs and processes to protect the safety and health of employees.
· Ensure facility compliance with good environmental practices.
· Ensure facility compliance with applicable regulations.
· Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with state and local regulatory agencies. Represent company on regulatory issues with impact outside local plant.
· Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· Preferred: Master's Degree in Environment Sciences/Management and/or Occupational Safety Management
· At least 7 years of experience in safety, environmental processes and procedures
· Knowledge of technical practices and programs used in the reduction of workplace hazards
· Knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to manufacturing
· Ability to design, develop and implement effective management systems (ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
· Knowledge of procedures used to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic hazards
· Ability to interact with government officials
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
· Registered Environmental Manager (REM) or equivalent environment certification
Preferred Specialized Technical Skills:
· Working knowledge of industrial hygiene practices
· Working knowledge of environmental regulations applicable to industry.
· Ability to perform ergonomic risk assessments for various tasks and/or position
· Experience in applicable DOT Regulations
Chemistry; Leadership; Product Development; Sustainability; Nutritional Science; Environmental Science; Project Management; Food Sciences; Food Technology; Scientific Research; Communication; Microbiological Testing; People Management; Food Safety and Sanitation; Laboratory Testing; Quality Control (QC); Green Solutions; Sensory Testing; Data Collections; Continuous Improvement (CI)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors curious, empowered, inclusive and agile and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry