Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sanitation Lead performs the duties as a sanitation associate with the added responsibilities of leading other sanitation associates with sanitation duties.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $21.00/hr!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work safely and report all safety concerns to supervision immediately. Follow safety rules as it relates to Personal protective equipment (PPE). Follow all Company Health and Safety Policy guidelines and Company Food Safety Policy guidelines and ensure all team members are following Policies.
- Keep area clean and organized. Properly maintain and secure equipment ensure team members have equipment needed to perform tasks. Understanding of what tools and equipment are taken into Food manufacturing environment and ensuring all tools are accounted for when tasks are complete.
- Pre-rinse, wash and sanitize equipment per company standards.
- Visually inspect equipment and sanitors performance prior to beginning Sanitizing process and afterwards to ensure proper reinstall and no damage during the cleaning process. Complete sanitation checklist following each wash. Set up line and all equipment to company standards prior to a production run.
- Lead 15 mins Start up/Huddle Meeting to the team.
- Work directly with sanitation leadership and QFS to correct cleaning deficiencies that may exist after inspection. Communicate and work with production to insure that Shutdown and line release to sanitation meets the standards set.
- Understanding and use of cleaning chemicals. Aspects which include safety, measurements, and applications of the chemical.
- Responsible for establishing priorities and work independently without direct supervision. Plan work schedules and team assignments that insures the business needs are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring on-time starts by providing hygienic environment so food can be produced in accordance to Company food safety policy guidelines.
- Follow AIB (American institute of baking) guidelines
- Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points, (HACCP) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Apply basic math principles as they relate to product usage and dilution rates
- Understand and Perform tasks that require equipment safety, lockout/ tag out, properly covering moisture sensitive equipment tightly
- Properly Clean and Sanitize all equipment and surfaces in all production areas as well as perform silo exterior cleaning and bag house inspections, drain cleaning and sanitizing, evaporators cleaning and inspecting,
- Conduct new team member training, lead team on daily duties and ensure task assignment completion ensure that every member on team understands and owns responsibility and are properly training and equipped to perform job.
- Able to perform all jobs in Sanitation – Janitor, Sanitor, and Foreperson able to fill as day off relief as needed.
- This position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. There are no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position. The company retains the right to change Associate’s position or job description at any time.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- These functions require the Associates to be standing, Climbing or walking 100% of the time.
- The Associate is expected to frequently twist, bend, and stoop when preforming work tasks. Frequently carry or lift 25 pounds or more.
- Occasionally pushing pulling 500lb modules
- The Associate must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer terminal and retrieve information from the Associate files and answer phones. Record data and document cleaning and training conducted.
- This position requires an Associate to have adequate communicating and observational skills.
- Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required
- Counting activities, collecting, distributing information.
- The Associate must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery close space area for long periods of time. The Associate must be able to work in high areas.
Associates are required to work weekends, holidays and OT as needed
Education and Work History:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent (Preferred)
- Three years of sanitation experience
- One-year minimum of supervisory experience.
- Good Communications Skills, Leading Skills, Organization Skills, Team Player, Hardworking, Dependable, safety conscious and bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Able to communicate and make logical decisions.
- Walk the line and monitor events.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.