Technical Support/Help Desk Specialist (Law Firm)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Maron Marvel currently has an opening for a technical support/help desk specialist at our Wilmington, Delaware office location.
The technical support team member will provide front-line support by responding to issues and concerns around technology in a professional and responsive manner.
This individual must be a team player, fast learner, customer service oriented, and be able to work calmly in a fast past environment.
Individual should be able to work independently, take ownership of all incident tickets and be able to manage incoming requests from multiple locations via onsite, telephone, remote connection, or visits to user locations.
A minimum of 2 years of help desk support is ideal.
Further responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Infrastructure & Support Team with providing a high level of technical support while managing software, hardware and network architecture that makes up the firm’s technology.
- Responding to automated system alerts from firm’s monitoring system and escalating appropriately to restore operational status.
- Troubleshooting any problems arising from computer desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and/or network devices.
- Supporting both wired and wireless network technology to ensure continued connectivity and device communications.
- Documenting and troubleshooting corrective actions taken to resolve technical issues in firm’s ticketing and help desk system.
Creating knowledge base and procedures on steps to resolve technical issues.
- Managing firm’s ticketing and helpdesk system and providing additional follow up on previously resolved issues.
Providing daily management of all service calls and requests.
- Performing asset management activities to include: inventory, maintaining, updating, replacing and processing end of life activities for defective, damaged and older equipment.
Ensuring that equipment is disposed of securely by taking actions such as wiping/shredding hard drives.
- Assisting with customer support notices and alerts regarding system status.
- Providing operating system and application updates to both Windows and Mac computers.
- Providing remote support and ensuring machines are configured and have software necessary to facilitate remote administration.
- Supporting firm connected resources and making sure staff have access to devices such as printers and shared network drives.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in computer science or related technical degree preferred
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Experience supporting workstations, laptops, mobile devices, printers, and other technology related equipment.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently as well as working in a team environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft and Apple Products.
- Understanding of how traffic flows across networks both wired and wirelessly.
- Assist other technology departments in any related technical tasks and/or projects.
- Ability to actively problem solve under pressure and provide solutions to technical issues.
- Ability to provide support and response outside of business hours should the need arise.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other offices to provide support.