Call Center Manager
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION LOCATED IN PORT WASHINGTON, NY
Agilant provides IT solutions to commercial organizations, government entities, healthcare, and large retail chains across the United States. We’ve been in business for almost 20 years and have four main business units: Advisory & Transformation, Enterprise Managed Services, Technology Sales, and True Solutions. Our headquarters is in Port Washington, NY and our mission is to bring innovative IT solutions to life.
We are seeking an experienced Call Center manager to supervise daily operations and personnel in order to create maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The ideal candidate for the Call center manager is organized, reliable and is a results-driven professional with impeccable time management skills. They must be adept in assisting retail associates experiencing any procedural or operational difficulties using our proprietary IT applications. Furthermore, they must be familiar with a retailers standard operating procedure and assist in the training of store associates
As our Call Center Customer Service Manager, you must also have excellent customer service and communication skills. They must set the standard for customer service and ensure all analysts are striving toward improving service and customer support. They should achieve this by developing, implementing and maintaining effective internal and external Quality Assurance (QA) programs which foster continuous improvement and exceed Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance. They will also work closely with internal IT to maximize all call center systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement call center strategies and operations; improve systems and processes as well as managing call center staff to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity in order to provide the best possible customer service
- Addressing and resolving complex issues escalated by call center representatives
- Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses
- Identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Collaborate with IT support staff to minimize operational impact of technical issues
- Maintain up-to-date listings of call center staffing rosters, and queue assignments, to meet all reporting requirements
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines for analysts
- Ensure analysts comply with company rules and procedures
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans
- Completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Preparing and presenting call operation reports to upper management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Responsible for training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; and communicating job expectations;
- Tracking emerging trends in call center operations management by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications;
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 1+ years of work experience related to the IT industry providing technical support via phone, onsite, or remotely to users
- 3+ years of work experience in customer service
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification (is a plus)
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Excellent customer service skills on phone are essential.
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar management position.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting is imperative.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact.
- Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
- Good work habits under pressure and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures
- Required Skills: Customer Focus, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, People Skills, Teamwork, People Management, Managing Processes, Emphasizing Excellence
Agilant Solutions Inc, is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.