Solar Site Surveyor - Houston, TX - Urgently Hiring!
Glyde Solar is a full-service residential solar company. We provide homeowners with a simple, affordable way to switch their homes to solar - giving them increased peace of mind for the future. With offices across the nation and a growing workforce, Glyde Solar is one of the nation's fastest-growing companies in its field.
Glyde Solar is seeking an experienced and driven Solar Site Surveyor to join our team.
The Solar Site Surveyors are tasked with performing the initial site audit to obtain and communicate the necessary technical data on proposed customers’ roof areas to the Review team to prepare a solar system design and provide permit-ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar systems.
- Travel to project sites to obtain the necessary information to complete technical design documents for a solar system
- Create a detailed rooftop map layout for solar arrays, including roof layout dimensions and all roof penetrations (pipes, vents, etc.)
- Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather facilities assessment data as needed
- Conduct a physical site audit using auditing tools, including a tablet/phone with apps, measuring devices, and other related equipment
- Upload site audit documents as needed to coordinate with the design/engineering department to produce permit-ready documents no later than midnight on the day of the Site Audit.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Site Audit to ensure a smooth handoff between departments.
- Develop relationships with the sales team, design professionals, and subcontractors to support the business activities
- Gathers detailed structural data on multiple types of buildings
- Identifies issues on homes that may interfere with our installations
- Gathers all electrical data required by the company
- Minimum of three (1 -2) years of experience in a discipline related to construction
- Site Audit experience preferred
- Solar installation experience required
- High School, GED, or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences, engineering or architecture required
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehends contract documents, plans and written and verbal communication skills required to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with customers.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to operate a Drone
- Must be able to work different schedules that involve Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures required by the company
- Ability to work on rooftops with various pitched surfaces
- Ability to lift 50 - 70lbs
- Ability to move any/all equipment as needed - ladders, tools, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid training
- PTO Policy
- Paid Holidays
Site Surveyors may be either provided a company vehicle to drive or be provided fuel reimbursements when driving personal vehicle.
Statement by Glyde:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class.