Deli/Bakery Department Leader Jobs in Roanoke
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
About the job
Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent service by creating an outstanding customer experience. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established, control all established quality assurance standards, and monitor all functions, duties and activities for the department. Demonstrate the company s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Establish department performance goals and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through teamwork.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, company guidelines, food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding specials and products sold within the department/store.
- Prepare deli/bakery items per customer requests and slice deli meats and cheeses to customers requesting using proper equipment according to company guidelines: fryer, rotisserie, heat lamps, and ovens.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Provide customers the fresh products they order and correct portion size (or as close as possible to amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Inform and educate department associates on promotions, create and implement department period promotional plan in partnership with store management, stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, expense control, profit/loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan and organize inventory process, maintain awareness of inventory/stocking conditions, note any discrepancies, train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Prepare foods according to food temperature logs, follow cooking instructions, ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures, identifying unsafe conditions, practicing preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment, notifying store management of any items in need of repair and of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail/Deli/Bakery experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
Regions : Mid-Atlantic
States : Virginia
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: VA || Roanoke || 4488 Electric Rd || 24018 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Deli/Bakery; Customer Service; Merchandising || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
- Job Title: Deli/Bakery Department Leader
- Company Name: Kroger
- Job Listing Type: Full-time
- Job Location: Roanoke, VA, US
- Job Link Expire: 2023-04-08
- Posted On: USJobsCircle.online
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry