Office Support I (PT)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Current vacancy is in the Department of Public Works & Facilities. However, candidates placed on this list may be eligible for Office Support I vacancies throughout the City.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
This is routine part time clerical work on a year-round basis (generally 20-25 hours per week). Emphasis is placed on customer service and computer related functions. The employee is responsible for handling routine customer concerns while projecting a positive image of the organization. The employee also performs word processing, data entry or other computer-related tasks, as well as general office clerical functions. Training and/or instructions are generally provided at the beginning of an assignment or when changes in established procedures occur. After becoming familiar with particular procedures, the employee may be expected to perform routine daily assignments without close supervision.
- Written communications skills, including basic reading comprehension, grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure.
Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
Ability to file documents in proper order according to established filing system.
Ability to work independently under general supervision, and to demonstrate initiative in performance of the work.
Ability to follow established departmental procedures, learn new tasks and adapt to operational changes readily.
Ability to communicate verbally in an effective manner.
Ability to demonstrate regular and predictable attendance as scheduled.
- High school graduation or GED equivalent, supplemented by training or experience in general office or secretarial work.
Customer service experience and some knowledge of computer business applications necessary.
Clerical skills test (60%)
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of physical, drug screen, and a criminal history check.
Part Time employees are not eligible for City provided health and welfare benefits
Similar admin customer service jobs in dearborn mi
- admin customer service jobs jobs near me
- office support jobs near me
- Administrative Coordinator at Phoenix Integrated Security, LLC
- Office admin at PSI Services LLC
- Office Support I (PT) at City of Dearborn
- Office Admin at PSI Services LLC
- Administrative Support I at ACCESS
- Administrative Assistant/Receptionist - Dearborn - Full-time at PsyGenics
- Administrative Assistant I at ACCESS