Remote Customer Service Representative - West Coast
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like assisting customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Our work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals every step of the way!
US - Remote, Pacific and Mountain time zones
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm Local time
CCG Shared Services
Discover Impactful Work:
As a remote Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will work from your home while holding yourself accountable for your success and proactively supporting our customers. Successful colleagues in this role are confident decision makers, enjoy problem solving, have technical proficiency, love working within a virtual setting, and have a passion for providing outstanding assistance to their customers via inbound and outbound phone calls, email and live chat.
This is a full-time opportunity working 40 hours a week with the possibility of occasional voluntary overtime. All while working 100% remote.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide support to our customers by processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, order status, delivery, and billing questions.
- Resolve customer complaints and call out issues as appropriate with the goal of first contact resolution.
- Answer product or service inquiries, troubleshoot and support our customers in facilitating communication for technical assistance.
- Follow established performance metrics including but not limited to quality standards, after call work (ACW), adherence (ADH) and follow-up on all actions.
- Assist in working to increase revenue by offering substitutes and/or alternative products where applicable.
Keys to Success:
- High school graduate or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service role, customer call center experience a plus
- Experience working in an office environment also a plus
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Proficient in the basic use of PCs including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and strong typing skills.
- Highly developed dedication to customer happiness by maintaining composure and positive demeanor during difficult times.
- Ability to problem solve customer issues via telephone, chat, and email.
- Intermediate PC skills required; able to work in multiple systems concurrently using multiple monitors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, accuracy and quality. Organizational skills, time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Internet service and access to connect hard wired directly to your internet router required
- A private, distraction free, designated workspace is required. A separate room with a door is recommended.
Compensation and Benefits:
The hourly pay range estimated for this position is $16.00 - $17.50. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
We will provide the vital equipment for your role including: computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and an internet reimbursement policy.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan. A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA). At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, and paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave) Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) plan.
Please Note: There is a multistep application process for this role including:
An alpha-numeric keyboard assessment with a score of 6,000+ KPH with 90% accuracy. A Phone Interview with a Thermo Fisher Scientific Recruiter. A Video Interview with the Customer Service Supervisor.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.