Concept Artist - Summer Internship
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a Concept Art Intern to join us for our Obsidian University Internship Program and help make our next world-class role-playing game.
This intern will work with the team to concept props, weapons, armor, environments, and points of interest. Spend the summer learning with other RPG and video game enthusiasts while working side-by-side with our world-class developers. You can help build fantastic worlds and contribute to the next great Obsidian Entertainment title.
- Create a wide range of concepts, including props, weapons, characters, and environmental pieces
- Work closely with the Art Lead and other team members to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete work under reasonable deadlines
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Knowledge of color theory, perspective, and lighting
- Ability to learn development pipelines and come up with creative solutions
- Passion for gaming
- Experience with any 3D programs and environment art
- An interest in video game theory and design
- Storyboard experience
- Background in Architecture, Photography, or Cinematography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates examples of environment, weapon, and prop concepts
- User Interface concepts
- Graphic icons
- Graphic design examples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.