Elementary School Counselor
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Elementary/Middle School Grade Counselor (HSTA 10-month)
Primary responsibility shall include counseling for students in grades PreK-8. Counselors work collaboratively with other teachers, counselors, and support staff to address the needs of all students. In carrying out these responsibilities, the counselor will follow school policy and procedures, standard practices, and approved curriculum, and will actively and positively support the school mission and vision.
The Counseling team works closely in conjunction with all members of the Student Support Services Team and the Student Support Services Director to support in the development, articulation, implementation, and evaluation of the comprehensive school counseling program. The team also supports staff development aligned to school wide priorities.
- Providing need-based, data-driven student support via individual and group intervention for students, and supplementary ʻohana engagement for parents/guardians, to support academic achievement, attendance, and behavior. Measures progress to evaluate effectiveness.
- Demonstrating empathy, objectivity, and effective listening skills.
- Advocate for student needs and interests to promote a culture of equity and inclusivity schoolwide.
- Communicating appropriately with administrators, teachers, counselors, parents, and other stakeholders in regards to student development and progress.
- Actively participating in faculty and grade level or department meetings through related work, including planning, budgeting, and implementing and evaluating the school’s systems and programs.
- Observing and responding to the needs of students and appropriately reporting any risk or potential danger due to such issues as bullying, sexual harassment/misconduct, depression or suicidal ideation, or academic failure as a mandated reporter.
- Partnering and collaborating with community organizations and members toward providing students with counseling related opportunities.
- Establishing a professional growth plan and annually reviewing the plan and progress with the administrator.
- Supporting in the coordination of appropriate testing as related to grade levels served.
- Supporting the implementation of school SEL programs to include delivery of instruction in cooperation with grade level teachers, monitoring of program implementation, delivery of professional development, and participation in SEL professional learning communities.
- Participate in Student Support Service team meetings and support team goals through PLC and professional development planning and facilitation.
This position reports directly to the Student Support Services Director and works alongside the counseling team, registration clerk, and members of the curriculum team.
- Current Hawaii-state counseling certification and licensure
- Extensive knowledge of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model of counseling
- Demonstrated content knowledge and successful student counseling, or past experience
- Ability to maintain, promote, and support the schoolwide PBIS system
- Ability to implement, monitor, and evaluate a schoolwide SEL curriculum/program
- Ability to collaborate with the counseling team to meet the changing needs of the student population
- Ability to use appropriate assessment, counseling, and evaluative techniques
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development relating to student academic success and social- emotional well-being
- Knowledge of and experience with authoring, implementing, and monitoring 504 plans
- Ability to build rapport toward positive ʻohana engagement through effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of skills and strategies necessary to meet the diverse needs of students
- Knowledge and skill in culturally responsive counseling and learning
- Knowledge of the relationships between counseling, teaching, and learning
- Skill and ability to utilize technology to aid counseling, assessment, and learning
- Commitment to participate in professional growth opportunities and reflection
- Reliability in attendance, punctuality, and follow-through
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,993.00 - $91,948.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- school counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hawaii School Counseling Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Similar guidance counselor jobs in hawaii
- guidance counselor jobs jobs near me
- elementary school counselor jobs near me
- High School Counselor at HAWAII BAPTIST ACADEMY
- Elementary School Counselor at Kamaile Academy Public Conversion Charter School
- School Counselor/Registrar at Christian Academy
- Upper School Counselor at Iolani School
- MFLC CYB School Counselor (3) at Leidos
- MFLC School Counselor T4 at Leidos
- Staff Counselor at Samaritan Counseling Center Hawaii