This job is expired
Editorial Intern/Moderator: Writer & Curator for Audio Platform
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
TO APPLY: Please email your writing sample (listed at the bottom) and resume directly to to be considered.
Looking for a Fall internship/moderation position and to open career doors in digital media? Vurbl is delivering an experience that will payout for years to come. We are a venture-backed startup building the biggest thing to come to online audio. Now, we are looking for interns that want to learn the digital media space from industry veterans. We need great writers and curators to help us make our audio shine.
- Curate collections of audio files into comprehensive and compelling playlists based on different topics, moments, people, and events.
- Write robust descriptions, appealing headlines, and thorough metadata for audio of all types.
- Organize and maintain ever-evolving playlists through your understanding of the latest trends and taste for eye-catching, relevant content.
- Develop and execute projects in line with Vurbl's brand and style.
- Help discover and grow our audience with your unique insight into content for the audio medium.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate for audio and possess an innate understanding of what makes compelling, quality audio worth listening to.
- Excellent written skills, able to clearly and concisely describe audio while adapting to our voice.
- Driven to manifest your ideas into deliverable content in fresh and creative ways.
- Strong attention to detail in both copy and audio editing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Some of the most sought after skills in digital media today... These are skills you likely did not learn at school. If they covered these topics in school our energetic, real-world digital business will take you to the next level and build your resume.
- Digital content strategy
- Link building
- Internet content development and production
- Content distribution and social media traffic building
- QA for an industrial-sized web platform
- Web-focused writing skills and content development
- At the time of application, candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program
- Interns must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the program
- This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection.
- The approximate dates of this internship are August 2021 through December 2021.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
- This is an unpaid internship.
WRITING SAMPLE SUBMISSION:
Write a 4-5 sentence description for each of these 5 audio files. If there are already introductions included you may use them as inspiration but we expect your description to be significantly different, in your voice and style. Consider the details of the user experience and factor that into how you format your description. What type of audience would it appeal to? What will the user get out of listening to this? What can they expect and how can you make it compelling? (Note: These questions aren't meant to be answered directly, but rather, there for you to consider while crafting your descriptions) Keep in mind that you are speaking to users and to Googlebot. Please submit the sample in a Google doc with sharing settings open.
Additionally, please include a few sentences at the end of your writing sample detailing why you'd be great for this internship.
Old Time Radio: War of the Worlds:
The Gospel of Matthew Chapter 2:
Good Job Brain Podcast (any episode):
The Dead - James Joyce (summarize the first audio file):
Nasa Space Sounds:
Here is our recently launched platform:
Please email your writing sample and resume directly to to be considered.
We are partnering with audio creators around the globe to build the best audio platform on the planet. Come work with us to be a part of the audio revolution.