Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (FL preferred)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You are a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges. As a critical member of our business analysis team, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. Here, your analytical and innovative skills will help us with our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Are you ready to analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions?
As a Senior Business Analyst on the Data Services team, you will be empowered to support short and long term operational/strategic business activities, develop, enhance and maintain operational reports that will have an impact on business decisions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take the contributions of Analysts and create valuable solutions to improve the health care system and ultimately serve our member population better.
This person will work in a team of 5 other Business Intelligence Developers and will participate in the full development cycle, from meeting with the end users to gather requirements to designing, documenting, implementing, deploying, and maintaining solutions.
This position also involves a good amount of ad-hoc reporting and data analysis that make it a good fit for an individual with a lot of common sense who can think outside the box and propose original and innovative solutions to a business problem.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Telecommuters from within the United States will be considered, with preference for people located in Florida, emphasis on Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- Meet with end users to gather business requirements
- Create technical specifications
- Develop and support SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Design and develop solutions to diverse business requirements
- Create clear and intuitive technical and user documentation
- Analyze data different ways to help business users make informed decisions
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of experience working with relational databases and database structures
- 4 years of experience with Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2012/2016/2019
- 2 years of experience working with data warehousing
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish, written and spoken
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3 years of experience with HEDIS/Stars
- Experience working in health administration, ideally the Medicare Advantage insurance area
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2016/2019 administration
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with conflicting priorities with ease
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.