This job is not active anymore.
Solar Electrical Journeyman - Denver, CO - Urgently Hiring!
Glyde Solar is a full-service residential solar company. We provide homeowners with a simple, affordable way to switch their homes to solar - giving them increased peace of mind for the future. With offices across the nation and a growing workforce, Glyde Solar is one of the nation's fastest-growing companies in its field.
Glyde Solar is seeking an experienced and driven Solar Electrical Journeyman to join our team.
The Solar Journeyman Electrician is responsible for overseeing the work of both mechanical and electrical workers. You will need to maintain your state certifications in both fields and possess current first-aid certification for high voltage work and any other specialty certificates required for installation. You will install and direct the work of all mechanical portions of solar electric installations relating to array layouts, array racking, and module installation - either roof or ground-mounted.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning solar PV systems.
- Complete solar electrical tie-ins that are compliant with the 2022 NEC electrical code and city and power company codes.
- Responsible for Back-office monitoring and troubleshooting through monitoring programs.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g., switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Responsible for Assisting in the management of material usage.
- Responsible for updating and documenting cases in the company database as needed
- Responsible for ensuring all workmanship is compliant with current NEC and local codes and follows OSHA, AHJ, and Utility requirements
- Responsible for working with Project Coordinators and homeowners to fulfill any necessary system upgrade/repairs to support our solar equipment.
- Responsible for working with local city/state inspectors to satisfy building requirements and expectations.
- May be required to travel for extended periods at a time.
- Must have technical aptitude.
- Must possess current and valid electrical licensing (Journeyman Card); varies based on state requirements.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Comprehensive understanding of the NEC as it relates to the installation of solar electric systems
- 2 years of experience working in the solar industry is required.
- 5+ years of electrical experience.
- Must have 5+ years of experience reading and interpreting one-line drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must have the ability to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Must have the knowledge and the ability to navigate 2014 and 2017 NEC.
- Maintain an understanding of wire, conduit sizing, and how to make any adjustments for environmental factors.
- Have working knowledge and 5+ years of experience in replacing electrical services and distribution panels.
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills.
- Are comfortable climbing ladders, working on roofs using PPE, and working in various environments (hot/cold weather, hot/cold attics, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Can lift 50-70 lbs.
- OSHA 10 hour (preferred)
- NABCEP certification (preferred)
- Solar Edge North America Installer Certification (preferred)
- Paid Training
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO Policy
- Holiday Pay
Solar Journeyman Electrician may be either provided a company vehicle to drive or be provided fuel reimbursements when driving a personal vehicle.
Statement by Glyde:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class.