Leadership Team Staff Assistant, Health & Counseling
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Department:: Health and Counseling
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: May 20, 2022
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 07936
Position ID:: 147935
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: $44,374 - $50,000
Health and Counseling at Binghamton University is seeking an organized, creative, and enthused individual who has excellent communication and technical skills for the full-time, 12-month Leadership Team Staff SL-2 position. The Health & Counseling Staff Associate will report directly to the Director of Health and Counseling. The successful candidate as a function of their role will be responsible for collecting information, conducting surveys, and synthesizing information for reports, coordinating strategic projects within the unit, supporting the operational functions of the Health & Counseling units, navigating the electronic health records system to perform basic functions, and performing administrative duties within the unit.
Creating relevant reports and conducting surveys, and providing initial review of data.
- Create reports and unit (DSHSC/UCC) metrics that measure service delivery activities, staff performance, and budgeting/financial performance. (e.g. immunization compliance, monthly utilization, financial, inventories, and performance metrics)
- Conduct surveys and studies related to AAAHC accreditation
- Conduct surveys and studies related to Health/Mental Health Initiatives
- Collate and present data for these reports. May work in conjunction with departmental IT specialists and/or divisional supports such as Student Affairs Assessment and Student Engagement (SAASE)
- Preliminary review of data to ensure accuracy. Responsible for developing processes to ensure accuracy of data
Co-ordination of strategic projects as assigned and negotiated
- Appropriately identifies priorities for projects
- Amasses and appropriately allocate resources
- Develops and updates written project proposals/plans
- Executes projects effectively/efficiently
- Reduces or eliminate roadblock to project completion/success
- Creates measures to evaluate project success
- Conducts debriefing and evaluation for projects
Supports the operational needs of the Health & Counseling unit
- Attend meetings and prepare timely agendas and minutes (if requested)
- Cross coverage for clerical staff (OA1, OA2 and MOA) when urgent need emerges
- Assist with the development of training materials
- Development and upkeep of immunization compliance manual
- Active participation as a member of committees as assigned/negotiated
- Support compliance activities (e.g. records, trainings, orientations, accreditation)
- Assist in managing personnel files including filing and tracking necessary components
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of a department's or division's budget request
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of grant applications
Familiar with and able to perform functions within Electronic Health Record
- Able to perform basic functions
- Able to coordinate on developing reports and extracting data
- Set Up Schedule/Appointment Blocker
- Updates and new versions
Participate in review of personal performance and professional development.
- Develops personal work plan to achieve objectives of Performance Program
- Identifies professional development opportunities
- Adheres to core values of the university as outlined in the mission statement
- Adheres to all HR requirements (e.g. annual trainings, campus initiatives, COVID testing, personnel records)
- Active participation in regular supervision meetings
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Administrative support experience
- Outstanding skills within Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- Able to create data displays and manipulate data within spreadsheets, utilize formulas within Excel
- Good organizational skills with the ability manage projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology and medical record keeping systems
- Experience in a medical office, counseling, or higher education setting
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 9, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.
Similar filler jobs in binghamton ny
- filler jobs jobs near me
- leadership team jobs near me
- Amazon Order Filler - Up To $18. 90/Hr at Amazon
- Shift Leader A0010 at Kwik-Fill
- Production Worker at Staffworks
- Assistant Manager A0010 at Kwik-Fill
- Travel Nurse - RN - ER - Emergency Room - $2401.05 / Week at BluePipes
- Manager M0357 at 11768
- ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER at Family Dollar