Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
Our professional Team Members are committed to providing service excellence and are passionate about going above and beyond to exceed our customer's expectations. We are looking for individuals who have integrity with strong initiative and relentless attention to detail to do the right thing. We continue to find ways to innovate, lead and make a positive difference in the world. Join our successful team and have an impact on sustainability, one day at a time.
PADNOS is a full-service recycling company handling paper, plastic, metals and electronic recycling. We tailor recycling programs for consumer and industrial clients throughout the United States. PADNOS was founded over a century ago and continues to transform the recycling industry. The company has thrived as a family business through four generations and has grown to be a market leader and best in class innovator.
PADNOS has a rich history of taking care of our Team Members, their families and the multiple communities we serve. We invest in our Team Members and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 100% Tuition reimbursement for Team Members
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement for dependents
- First Time Home Buying Assistance
- 401K Match and Profit Sharing
- Performance Driven Bonuses
Prepare drawings, diagrams, and documents using computer-aided design (CAD) software and three-dimensional modeling. This includes developing CAD files based on notes, sketches, engineering schematics, technical guides, and vendor information. Position supports project managers in new equipment layout, machinery design, and executing fabrication and machining. Position supports operations/manufacturing requests for machinery upgrades and continuous improvement design.
An Team Member in this position must be able to perform the essential job functions listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability to enable the qualified individual to perform essential job functions.
- Utilize CAD software to create, modify, and release drawings and word drawings under direct supervision of a supervisor for use by other departments and customers.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings are accurate and within correct specifications.
- Review existing CAD drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Install, configure, and initiate CAD software, related hardware, and any other corresponding IT assets when needed. Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and/or upgrades.
- Accurately model existing equipment through field measurements and site layouts.
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to modify existing drawings to minimize the need to create new drawings and create new drawings when necessary in a timely fashion; that meet DOD and internal standards
- Ability to work closely with engineers and other personnel to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity
- Excellent knowledge of drafting standards
- Proficient in latest AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Exposure to 3d modeling preferred solidworks proficient
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid Driver's License required (This position requires day travel 20% of the time)
- Learn and understand Padnos Safety Rules.
- Audit new or existing machines in real time through design process against implemented safety program. Align design with safety requirement.
2. Increased Processing Capabilities:
- Support engineering project managers in design, layout, and fabrication of new systems, growth of existing systems, or changes to existing systems/machines.
- Support operations/manufacturing requests for machinery upgrades and continuous improvement design.
3. Lean Processes:
- Document drawing files, vendor data, and part lists for new and re-manufactured machinery per department standard.
- Follow standard engineering practices for drawing presentation.
- Catalog and recommend machinery spare parts lists items and quantities per manufacturing standard or vendor specification.
Measurements and KPIs:
The following metrics will be used to monitor and evaluate performance in execution of duties described above:
- Project schedule compliance - completion date actual vs scheduled
- Project budget compliance - project budget completion within 5% of budget
- Time management – work hours billable vs payroll
- Quality management – zero shop rework due to design error
Be a part of the green movement and join PADNOS today!
PADNOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, weight, height, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, genetic medical information, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Similar mechanical design engineer jobs in holland mi
- mechanical design engineer jobs jobs near me
- engineering designer jobs near me
- Mechanical Engineer, Level 2 at National Bulk Equipment, Inc.
- Mechanical Designer at Paramount Tool Co.
- Mechanical Design Engineer at ProMach
- Machine Design Engineer at Herman Miller
- Engineering Designer at PADNOS
- Machine Design Engineer / Project Engineer at Opportunity Group, Inc.
- Design Engineer I at K-Line Industries, Inc