Manager of Projects, Facility Asset Management (FAM)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
The Manager of Projects oversees the operational success of the department by ensuring seamless team management and development, project delivery, quality control and evaluation. This includes direction and implementation of construction projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. Develop and lead multiple complex projects while managing budgets, schedules, risks and constraints. Develop and evaluate construction program models and controls while selecting and delivering innovative projects.
You will report to the Manager of Programs.
- Lead and mentors team to prioritize and accomplish high-impact project activities. Train individuals on project management processes, professional development and uphold ways to incorporate diversity within the team.
- Ability to clearly communicate a direction and engage the team to work towards a goal while being able to adjust to changing situations.
- Lead team to develop projects that achieve stakeholder goals and provide creative solutions to maximize value while finding delivery efficiencies.
- Influence partners and peers to support project solutions while facilitating and inviting diverse points of view.
- Develop bid strategies including administration of contracts, scope of work, creative bid alternates, and operational constraints.
- Overseeing portfolio schedules, helping establish project planning tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and ensuring man loading requirements by contractors to achieve the desired completion date. Foresee issues based on historical precedence by anticipating and mitigating known risk.
- Coordinate operational constraints and job goals concurrently to achieve a seamless project implementation. Including communication with partners, clients, and leadership regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Knowledgeable with multiple software programs, such as SAP, Microsoft suite, and project management tools. Use project and contract management systems to manage the daily operation of the business.
- Oversee issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from Estimating, conversion to change orders, and management approvals to ensure accurate EFC reporting and job closeouts. Develop a project capital authorization request, and build mitigation of operational impacts into the process.
- Make suggestions to lessen operational impact and negotiate with operators to implement projects in the most cost-effective manner.
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, or commercial facilities construction industry.
- Knowledge of construction methods and the ability to interpret design drawings and specs.
- Knowledge of construction and project management processes, and purchasing/contract management.
- Expertise with construction finance (budgets, cash flows, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Facilitation skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience driving effective decision-making with executive leaders across all project phases.
- Experience with multiple complex projects while managing risks and constraints.
Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Education :
- MBA/Graduate Level Degree
- PE license
- PMP certification
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Similar project administrative jobs in mesquite tx
- project administrative jobs jobs near me
- management jobs near me
- Project contract and contract at VirtualVocations
- Project Administrator at Bernhard, LLC
- Project Administrator at CRB
- Project Manager I - Service Planning at Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Project Admin Assistant at Walsh Construction
- Project Manager - University Hospital at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Project Assistant at Structure Tone