Sr Developer/Data Engineer \u2013 Databricks
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are seeking a Sr. Developer/Data Engineer with Databricks experience to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a senior/self-starting data engineer in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organizations. We are seeking someone with technical skills in Databricks development, performance tuning, and optimization. The candidate will assist in the design and development of high performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Databricks. The candidate will be involved in all stages of integrating the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained. Candidate will have extensive experience with commercial and open source relational and non-relational data repositories.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion and transformation of large data sets.
- Design and implement data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Work with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data.
- Work with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces, Search).
- Stream and Batch processes in Databricks.
- Work within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
Convert existing Informatica ETL code to Databricks code whenever it is feasible/required.
Create and maintain Databricks queries to support dashboarding and/or reporting activities.
- SQL query development and optimization as required to support various reporting needs.
- Performance monitoring and diagnosis of the ingest pipeline and suggest continual improvement.
*Position is contingent on funding.
Project Specific Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
At least five (5) years of relevant experience required
At least two (2) years of experience with Databricks.
- Expertise in designing and deploying data applications on cloud solutions, such as Azure or AWS
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Experience in building ETL / data warehouse transformation processes
- Hands on experience in performance tuning and optimizing code running in programming languages such as PySpark and Python
- Good understanding of SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills particularly those that apply to a big data environment
- Experience with Apache Kafka for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Experience with other Open-Source big data products Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience working in an Agile DevSecOps environment
- Experience of working with relational databases: (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
Knowledge of IRS business systems and data
Experience working in a command line environment and a general understanding of Red Hat Linux OS, or other Unix-like OS.
- Databricks certification
- Expertise with creating custom visualizations (e.g. implementing force-directed graph visualization using D3.js) for Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Expertise with ELK stack and/or Splunk.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, FISMA and other Federal IT security guidelines.
Additional requirements as per Contract/Client:
Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
5-7 years of related experience required.
Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Professional Job Profile.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry