This job is expired
Billing Data Entry - Work from Home
*Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option)
If you are located in the Addison, TX area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.SM
In an environment where the client / patient is the center of everything we do, individuals in this position are primarily responsible for the data entry of information as it is related to patient, client, and 3rd part insurance carrier transactions.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) 7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges
If you are located in the Addison, TX area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Data Entry of all required billing information that appears on requisitions and laboratory reports
- Entry of demographic and billing information in multiple hospital and laboratory interfaces
- Understanding of Laboratory Pathology reports
- Understanding of requests for services on a laboratory requisition
- Ability to meet quality and production standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed oriented
- Maintain Compliance with HIPPA regulations at all times
- Ability to key a minimum of 8000 alpha - numeric keystrokes per hour with minimal errors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and navigation, mouse and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 1+ years of healthcare experience with data entry / billing / registration background
- General understanding of CPT and ICD9 / ICD10 codes
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, data entry, ICD9, ICD10, healthcare, registration, hiring immediately, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo