Manager - Coding (Remote)
Unleash the power of automation for your job search (Paid option) Apply Manually(Free)
I have time, I'll manually find and apply for jobs
If you're ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.
Day - 08 Hour (United States of America)
This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
The Coding Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Coding Section and guiding the efficient and effective process for coding, abstracting, and data reporting of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and ancillary services. Provide leadership for coding staff with training, coding compliance reviews, regulatory guidance, work distribution, and monitoring of accounts receivable issues related to coding. Serve as a key participant in the revenue cycle process. Work closely with Patient Financial Services (PFS), Clinical Documentation Improvement Program and other services to assist and/or coordinate in resolving account, coding, and charge capture issues.
What you will do
- Assists Director in writing and maintaining policies, procedures, and training materials for the section.
- Direct the training of new employees and ensure ongoing training of all staff. Conduct performance appraisal reviews and routine assessment of staff competency providing timely and appropriate feedback. Take appropriate organization, system and personnel actions as necessary.
- Ensure coding process and guidelines meet state, federal, and Hospital requirements and standards. Works with the medical staff to improve clinical documentation to facilitate accurate coding. Enforce the use of physician query when appropriate.
- Manage external Hospital clinical data and statistical reporting to OSHPD, UHC, and other external agencies. Monitor and review accuracy of reports and facilitate error corrections.
- Manage internal Hospital clinical data and statistical reports for clinicians, researchers, financial and business planning, and clinical quality support services.
- Manage the daily operations and activities in the coding section to ensure accurate and timely coding of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and ancillary services.
- Monitor the Information System infrastructure supporting coding and data reporting including the abstracting and encoder software, billing and decision support applications, and electronic interfaces. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides leadership and expertise in ICD-9-CM/ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding systems as well as APR-DRG, MS- DRG and APC payment systems.
- Supervise and ensures productivity, turn-around-time, and quality of work are met. Address personnel, production and system issues as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the medical staff and other hospital departments
- Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, and time) Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
- Knowledge of coding software, including groupers, compliance tools, editors, optimizers and encoders
- Knowledge of health information from discharge, coding, billing and data reporting
- Knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT4 coding, APR and MS DRG and APC assignment and CMS compliance issues
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration and personnel management Knowledge of project management process and systems
Licenses and Certifications
- RHIA - Registered Health Information Administrator or
- RHIT - Registered Health Information Technician or
- CCS - Certified Coding Specialist
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family Experience
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars, from the patient and family's perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective care
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Similar remote jobs for college students in newark nj
- remote jobs for college students jobs near me
- manager jobs near me
- Entry Level Remote SDR - Starting at $60k/yr at CourseCareers
- Account Executive - Remote - (Newark, New Jersey, United States) at Premise Health
- Entry Level Sales Development Rep - $60,000/yr+ & Remote! at CourseCareers
- ENTRY-LEVEL Sales Rep - Remote & $60K+ at CourseCareers
- eLearning Curriculum Specialist - Remote at ACHIEVE TEST PREP
- Remote Entry-Level Business Development Representative at CourseCareers
- Remote & $60K+ ENTRY-LEVEL Tech Sales at CourseCareers